Welcome to 2nd Grade!
Mrs. Setzer's class
Meet the Teacher
HI! I am so happy to be a part of the Anderson Creek cub family! I am from Columbia, Missouri and I taught one year of Kindergarten at Alpha Hart Lewis Elementary. I received my Bachelors degree in Business Administration and Master of Arts degree in Teaching from Columbia College in Columbia, Missouri. I moved to Spring Lake, North Carolina this past July to join my husband who is in the Army. We got married on New Year's Eve!! It was a wonderful way to start 2014 and I am excited for the remainder of the school year!
Our Class Promise:
We will listen to the speaker.
We will raise our hands.
We will help others.
We will only be in charge of ourselves.
We will use the 7 Habits to be happy kids.
We will be responsible.
Our Class Schedule
- 7:45- 8:20 Attendance/ Lunch Choice/ Morning Work/ Math Problem of the Day/ Library Check-Out (only 2 students are allowed to go at a time and they must have all of their morning routines done by 8:15 to be able to go to library check-out)
- 8:30-9:00 Leveled Literacy Intervention
- 9:05-9:55 Content (Reading, Writing, Grammar, Science, Social Studies, Health, Leader in Me) Lesson
- 10:05-10:50 Resource
- 10:50-11:05 Content (Reading, Writing, Grammar, Science, Social Studies, Health, Leader in Me) Mini-Lesson
- 11:10-11:40 Lunch
- 11:40-11:50 Bathroom breaks
- 12:00-1:30 Centers (Guided Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies, Health, Leader in Me, Leveled Literacy Intervention)
- 1:30 Snack
- 1:40-2:10 Recess
- 2:10-2:40 Content (Reading, Writing, Grammar, Science, Social Studies, Health, Leader in Me) Mini-Lesson
- 2:40 Leader Card Reflection in journal
- 2:45-2:55 Pack-up
- 2:55 Dismissal
Our Resource Schedule
Tuesday- Media Center/Technology
Our curriculum is centered around the Common Core Standards and North Carolina Essential Standards. We use many different resources to meet the curriculum. Assessments: Students will be given the K-2 Literacy Assessments five times a year. They consist of a writing sample, spelling inventory, phonemic awareness, and running record. Students will complete math assessments each quarter.