May 9th, 2016
Our Glass Barn Field Trip is Monday, May 9th!
- Students should dress for the weather.
- A sack lunch is needed - no carbonated drinks please.
- If possible, please have your child wear our class shirt (blue).
Project ACES Day
Library Book Return
Our class voted to try to make a difference at CRES by working to bring plastic recycling to our school. We were concerned by the number of plastic bags and containers that are thrown in the trash here at school. To begin our project, we teamed up with our book buddies (Miss Mitchell's class) and researched the topic of recycling. Then we created informational and persuasive posters about the topic.
If you know of any individuals and businesses who could help us bring more recycling options to CRES, please let us know!
If you would like to see our posters, CRES will be holding a showcase of all of the school's Malala projects on Thursday (12th) from 4:30-6:30pm.
April/May Testing Dates
We are finished with our spring testing! Our class has worked very hard on our test-taking skills throughout the year, and I was pleased with their perseverance. Congratulations to our class!
Our Focus this Week
What We are Learning This Week
· Writing & Reading Workshop: Students will change their fiction stories into a play format. We are hoping to perform some of our plays for other classes next week! We will also learn how to create the possessive form of singular and plural nouns.
· Spelling: homophones
· Math Workshop: We will begin our last unit for the year - "Step Up to 4th Grade". This week we will learn how to multiply 2-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers. If you would like to follow along in your child's Envision workbook, we will be covering these lessons - Monday (field trip), Tuesday (Step-Up 1), Wednesday (Step-Up 2), Thursday (Step-Up 3), Friday (Step-Up 4).
· Science: Our plants will be coming home with our students on Monday! This will enable us to focus on learning about rocks and minerals.
Math: Please continue to work on math facts at home. If you are looking for a fresh idea, try using triangle fact cards, which are explained on this website - http://www.scholastic.com/parents/blogs/scholastic-parents-learning-toolkit/making-math-facts-fun.
Reading: When you see possessive nouns in text, please point them out to your child, talking about the placement of the apostrophe.
Try out MobyMax by going to https://www.mobymax.com/signin!
Volunteering in our Classroom
-Reading with Students
-Helping with a Clerical Task
-Talking to Students about your Work Skills or Hobbies
-Being an Expert who Teaches us a Lesson during a Science or Social Studies Unit
then please contact me through firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will work to find an available date for you to come in. We love learning from our volunteers!
Please order books online through the link below. Our classroom code is L9MT8. Thank you!
What's Going on Here at Cumberland Road Elementary School?
Field Day Volunteering
Sign up now on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/V7Ddfz
If you have any question contact Mrs. Fox at email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your help. Everyone looks forward to this awesome event, even the volunteers!!
Lunch Visits and Background Checks
For more information on background checks and the anti-bullying webinar, please visit: