What's Trending in Room 228
Mrs. Marcum's class
Weekly Attendance : Last week= 96.62% This week= 94.96%
Our class had the highest attendance for Month of December!!!
**This is part of our BSIP (Building School Improvement Plan). To get our average above 96% for the year**
Mark your Calendar:
- Friday, February 12th-- PTO Friendship Class Party 1:30-2:30pm
- Monday, February 15th-- President's Day= School in Session---Snow Make up Day!!
- Thursday, February 25th-- Last day for PTO Box Top Competition (You can still send Box Tops in they just won't count towards this year's competition.)
- Math- We will begin chapter 10. Multiplying and dividing fractions. Continue to work on multiplication facts at home!
- Reading- We will be using non-fiction text to make inferences.
- Writing- We will continue learning how to organize and write an informational paper.
Grammar- We will start reviewing how to use commas.
Words Their Way- Sort 19 (Latin Roots dic and aud)
Science- We have finished the Solar System, and will be taking our Post-test tomorrow. Next, we will start learning about Moon phases and how light works.
Thank you to Samantha (Drake's mom) for planning our Friendship party. It is a time consuming labor of love!!
We won the Soup Drive!!
Their goal is for Sweeny to raise 300 toys to donate to People Helping People.
We have two black ones that still need a home (one is turning a more dark gray color, so I'm not sure what color it will end up being)! They are still really skittish, but Brenna (my daughter) is working on them. They still have a tendency to jump out of your hands (literally).
Box Tops for Education: End of February is Coming Quick!!
All the money comes right back to our classroom for me to spend on the students.
Each box top you send in is worth 10 cents for us to spend. It doesn't sound like much, but they can really add up. Ask relatives and friends if they have any extra box tops they aren't using. Most people don't mind cutting them out and saving them if you ask:)