Infections During Pregnancy
By: Aali Cottrell
Examples of Different Kinds of Infections
Rubella can cause miscarriage, stillbirth and birth defects in unborn babies such as hearing loss, brain, spleen and liver damage.
Toxoplasmosis can cause learning, hearing, and visual disabilities as the child grows.
Chicken Pox can cause Congenital Varicella Syndrome which can lead to scars, muscle/bone problems, paralyzed arms and legs, blindness, seizures, learning problems and Microcephaly.
Preventions To These Diseases
- Make sure you have gotten the Rubella vaccine from your doctor
- Avoid stray cats
- Wear gloves when gardening/during contact with soil or dirt
- Wash hands thoroughly after coming into contact with dirt and such
- Avoid anyone who may have chickenpox
- Avoid anyone with shingles
- Make sure you are up to date with all of your shots