By: Ty Darden
The Black Power was a political slogan and the name for various associated ideologists aimed at achieving self-determination for people of African descent. It is used by African Americans in the United States . Also,Huey Newton and Bobby Seal founded the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense. The Panthers practiced militant self-defense of minority communities against the U.S. government
· A movement in the late 1960’s that spoke for African Americans, it was a rallying cry of militant African Americans activities in the U.S.
· The slogan “Black Power” as created by the “Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee”
· a name for various associated ideologies aimed at achieving self-determination for people of African descent.
· its involvement in the Black Power movement and US politics of the 1960s and 1970s
· The black panthers were the cutting edge of the black power. They were supporting the black power.
· "Picking up the gun" means to achieve a liberation for African Americans.
· Then black power had programs that included more radical goals
The fist is a symbol of solidarity and support. It is also used as a salute to express unity, strength, defiance, or resistance.
the quote by Stokley Carmichael
Stokely Carmichael, was a Trinidadian-American revolutionary active in the Civil Rights Movement, and later, the global PanAfrican movement.
the Black Panthers (not the super hero)
many young African Americans rejected the courage and patience displayed by Dr. Martin Luther King in his non-violent response to injustice in the American society.