Jr. Scout/Stuart Little's Tot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Danielle's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Katie's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Le Andra's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher's Email: email@example.com
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Upcoming Zoophonics Friends
August 28th-September 1st: Ellie Elephant
September 4th-September 8th: Review for Lizzy Lizzard, Francy Fish, and Ellie Elephant
September 11th-September 15th: Honey Horse
September 18th-September 22nd: Timothy Tiger
September 25th-September 29th: Inny Inchworm
New to our school? Check out links below to learn the sounds and Zoophonics song.
In the Classroom!
Moving on up!
Operation Tot Spot Gives Back!!
Did you know one of our students is a recipient of VIPS. VIPS provides early intervention services to Indiana's youngest children with blindness and low vision. Services include evaluations, in-home visits, and access to resources that help parents and caregivers better understand and support their child with visual impairment. They are in need of items to be able to help more children out in our Indianapolis area. I will attach the wish list below. We will be collecting these items until the end of September. If you are able to donate of these items they will be greatly appreciated! If you have any questions please see Ms. Le Andra or Ms. Alisha. Thanks!! If you want more information about VIPS here is their website: https://vips.org/
- Manilla Folders
- White Computer Paper
- "Glasses" Board Book on Amazon
- Jingle Bells
- Mylar Material
- Baby Wipes
- Red or Yellow Slinkies
- Paper Plates and napkins
- Snacks for Events
- Grocery Store Gift Cards for Family Events
Healthy Start Wisdom
Eat more fruit and veggies
Fruit and vegetables taste great and are jam-packed with vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre. To stay fit and healthy, you need to eat a balanced diet which includes fruit and vegetables every day. How much you need depends on your age- so check out the chart below to find out how much you should be eating remembering that you can eat more than this if you wish.
The Book Nook
The Parent's Spotlight
Would You Like To Donate?
Corrine and Mikayla are tackling the big job of transforming our outdoor spaces. We are in need of old pots, pans, utensils, and wooden planks. They are planning to create a music wall, mud kitchen, and reading area. Please let us know if you have anything that you'd like to donate for our cause. Thank you!
We could also use contact paper, food coloring, salt, cornmeal, vinegar and used cookie sheets
If you ever have any materials, toys or ideas for our classroom please feel free to talk to us!
The Wonderful Things You Will Be
From brave and bold to creative and clever, Emily Winfield Martin's rhythmic rhyme expresses all the loving things that parents think of when they look at their children. With beautiful, and sometimes humorous, illustrations, and a clever gatefold with kids in costumes, this is a book grown-ups will love reading over and over to kids—both young and old. A great gift for any occasion, but a special stand-out for baby showers, birthdays, and graduation. The Wonderful Things You Will Be has a loving and truthful message that will endure for lifetimes.
If you didn't have to sleep what would you do with the extra time and why?
- Ms. Ericka: I would explore the world at night time lol. I've always wondered if there was ever a moment where the entire world was just still. And get things that I didn't get to during the day done
- Ms. Alisha: Read because it’s the best thing ever! You can always escape to interesting places and “meet” all sort of people.
- Mr. Mike: exercise because I wouldn’t be tired!!
- Ms. Danielle: I’d still sleep. Sleeping is my favorite thing to do. I could sleep all da
- Ms. LeAndra: If I didn't have to sleep I would catch up on all my favorite TV shows I'm way behind on. I would also spend more time with family and friends during the day and then work on house chores at night
- Ms. Katie: If I didn't have to sleep, I would spend my extra time to go do fun things with my son that I won't do on the weekends because they're packed. Examples include, Children's Museum, the Zoo, etc.
- Ms. Erin: Read more, I have all these books, and never enough time to read all of them
- Ms. Mikayla: I'd catch up on some reading since it seems like I'm always pushing it off. I would like to think that I would do some housekeeping chores too but I think I would probably still procrastinate
- Ms. Maggie: If I didn't have to sleep I would catch up with my DVR. I would catch up with my DVR because I am always a couple of episodes behind
- Ms. Rachel: Probably play video games, and read more books
- Ms. Hailey: probably still sleep cause I love to sleep