The ASOT Reflection
Region 9 High Reliability Schools-February 2018
In a Slump?
- Element 25: Using Academic Games
- Element 26: Managing Response Rates
- Element 27: Using Physical Movement
Using Academic Games
- Be deliberate in how you use games.
- Inconsequential competition keeps the focus on the content.
- Games in the classroom don't have to be complicated or chaotic.
- Use small groups, timers and all your classroom management tools.
Turn Google Sheets into games!
Super Teacher Tools
Includes game templates along with several classroom management tools.
Build a variety of games using your content.
Managing Response Rates
- Random names
- Hand signals
- Paired response (check out the ASOT in Action section for a real-world idea!)
- Wait time
Random Name Picker
Using Physical Movement
***Side note: Did you know that there is a Lead4Ward app that contains ideas for Quickchecks and what they call Think It Up?
Bowie Elementary School--Wendy McCarty, 2nd Grade
ASOT in Action Submissions
You can use the form below for easy submission of your photos and/or videos or you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief explanation of what you tried and what you thought of the strategy.
Connect with Us!
Google Classroom Group 1
Use code 89ztah to join the Group 1 ASOT Classroom.
Google Classroom Group 2
Use code 7cs5xp to join the Group 2 ASOT Classroom.
Google Classroom Group 3/4
Use code way27q to join the Group 3/4 ASOT Classroom.