Meanwhile, in P.E.....
1st Grade Physical Education Newsletter
Rules, Warm-up Routines, Fitness Testing Oh My!
The 1st graders are still learning the "P.E. ropes" and building up their cardiovascular endurance, but eventually this is what our typical weekly warm-up schedule will look like for them:
- Mileage Mondays: 8 minute jog, followed by hamstring stretch
- Test Prep Tuesdays: Students rotate through fitness test components for 45 seconds each: shuttle run, flexed arm hang, push-ups and curl-ups
- Cardio Choice Wednesdays: Students can choose jump ropes, dribbling a basketball, or jogging for their warm-up activity
- Test Prep Thursdays: Students rotate through fitness test components for 45 seconds each: shuttle run, flexed arm hang, push-ups and curl-ups
- Flex Fridays: Teacher's choice and game days
1st Graders in Action!
What's in the Pipeline?
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE PE OPEN HOUSE ON SEPTEMBER 25th DURING YOUR CHILD'S PE TIME (separate flyer to come soon)
FITNESS TESTING NEXT WEEK!
1) Curl-ups (1 minute with feet held)
2) Flexed arm hang
3) Shuttle Run
4) Hamstring Stretch
5) 15 Minute Run
After fitness testing students will begin our 10 days units that include throwing, catching, jump roping, movement education, and striking. Stay tuned for more information from the PE department!
Follow us on Intagram @ SASPhysEd