A detailed plan with an emphasis on time and resources.
- Use Smore to complete the design section (time given: 60 minutes).
- Insert all your designs, explain and evaluate each design (30 minutes).
- Draw up your final design and justify (30 minutes).
- The resources that I will use are smore.com, camera, pencil, paper and a word processor.
- I will spend 1 hour preparing a detailed plan, for this, I will need to use the internet, a diary, a computer and smore.com, and this will be done as homework.
- As homework, I will research for examples of DT workshops globally and focus on layouts (30 minutes).
- Focus on the contents (30 minutes) (tools, tables, machines, benches, etc) and that should help my guide my own creation.
- I will create the building (floor plan and walls) using Sketch Up (30 minutes).
- I will measure carefully the existing building from inside and out (15 minutes).
- Teachers and friends will give me feedbacks about my building dimensions on my sketch-up model (15 minutes).
- Insert doorways and walls (30 minutes).
- Resources are: Sketch up, computer, and tools for measuring the building and peers for feedback.
Thursday 9th (create)
- I will complete the walls and briefly create the exterior design of the building.
- I will also make sure the measurements are accurate and make any adjustments if not.
- If needed, I will measure the existing building for exact measurements so my product will be as accurate as possible.
Friday 10th (create)
- Work on the exterior design (insert windows, doors, etc.)
- Make any corrections and adjustments to the model, if needed.
- Start working on any necessary outdoor decorations.
- Be more detailed with exterior design (columns, space, etc.)
- Make sure the windows/doors are aligned.
Saturday 11th (create)
- If ready, begin on interior design.
- Do not be too detailed with the design, just briefly design the interior.
- Start making walls/rooms.
Sunday 12th (create)
- Take a break and work on other assessment pieces.
Monday 13th (create)
- Start putting in furniture for your model.
- Be as detailed about the interior design as possible.
Tuesday 14th (create)
- Work on the details of the buildings (exterior & interior).
- Place any necessary decorations/furnitures.
- Be accurate with measurements.
- Do one last check on the entire building to make sure it is presentable and according to design.
Wednesday 15th (evaluate)
- Start on the evaluation.
- Look back on product and begin evaluating. (entire class time).
Thursday 16th (evaluate)
- Work on evaluation.
- Do some for homework.
Friday 17th (evaluate & submit design cycle report)
- Finish evaluating.
- Submit design cycle report to Managebac.
Reflection of my Plan
I did not follow my plan accordingly. I did not start on my create section on the proper date, instead, I started very late, around the 14th. Although, I managed to catch up with the rest of the class and I am able to complete my product on time, with a little more work at home. Following the plan would really benefit my learning experience, but putting in more effort to catch up would also allow me to pay more attention. I don't think I allocated enough time for investigating because my investigating process is not as detailed and as great as I wanted it to be. I'm pretty sure I have set aside enough time for my design, because I have explained and evaluated each design very well and in my opinion, it is detailed enough. I should've made the design process shorter and focused more on create, as I am quite far behind. By starting the create process early, I could've went back to the design or investigation and try to improve.