This Week w/ Ms. Werth
Dec. 7th - Dec. 11th
Thank you so much to all of you that were willing and able to contribute to our community outreach project - Helping Hands. Because of your extreme generosity, lots of students/families in our school will have a much better Christmas than they might have otherwise been able. So again, from the bottom of my heart, personally knowing most of these students/families, thank you.
Math and Science
This week in science we have concluded our study of magnets and electricity with an activity where students tested objects from our test object bag to determine whether they were insulators or conductors in our circuits. We also spent some time discussing the prevalence of electricity in our society with an article entitled: Wired World which was a nice culminating activity for our unit.
The Leader in Me
- Friday, Dec. 11th - Deadline for Christmas gifts for our community (mentioned above)
- Friday, Dec. 11th - School Dance (6:00-8:30 - there is supposed to be an opportunity for Santa pictures and all proceeds will go directly to our Helping Hands community outreach program to supplement gifts as needed based on donations)
- Tuesday, Dec. 15th - 6th Grade Play "Pirates"
- Thursday, Dec. 17th - Winter PTO Program (to include a movie and hot chocolate - should be lots of fun!)
- Monday, Dec. 21st - Workday - No School
- Tuesday, Dec. 22nd - Friday, Jan. 1st - Holiday Break - No School
- Tuesday, April 12th - Grandfather Mountain Field Trip*
*This is a little further out, but some parents have asked about our Grandfather Mountain field trip (which will require 4-5 parent chaperons per class with current background checks - please contact the office to check on whether or not we have a background check on file for you or if you need the paperwork to complete one prior to our trip).