March 19, 2015
Mar. 20 (Fri) - Revolutionary War test; MIddleton Place money and forms due; Bingo and Baskets Night 5:30
Mar. 24 (Tues) - SS Notebooks due
Mar. 25 (Wed) - Musical Practice for all speaking parts and solos including recorders until 3:45; PTO Spirit Night @ Wild Wings (please note the date change from my last newsletter)
Mar. 26 (Thurs) - PBIS Cookout; Light test (Science)
Mar. 27 (Fri) - STEMs Day
Mar. 30 (Mon) - Apr. 6 (Mon) - Spring Break
Apr. 8 (Wed) - Musical Practice for ALL STUDENTS until 4:00: Dress Rehearsal, Bring Costume
Apr. 10 (Fri) - Middleton Place field study
Apr. 13 (Mon) - Musical Practice for ALL STUDENTS until 4:00: Dress Rehearsal, Bring Costume
Apr. 16 (Thurs) - 4th/5th Grade Musical Performance at 6:30 pm; report times will be announced closer to the date.
Don't forget: Middleton Place forms and money are due tomorrow.
As you may have noticed, writing is being incorporated into all of our content areas. We are writing more than ever in Social Studies & Book Clubs. In addition, we are working on our written responses in Math. The writing prompts in the TFK quizzes are now being timed to build the children's comfort with this process as well as their confidence in their ability to write in that amount of time.
Science and Social Studies
Please continue encouraging your child to use their morning work time wisely to prevent having to work on notebook assignments at home. We are sprinting to the finish line, and we will finish strong!!
- Light unit begins Friday, March 20
- Light Test Thursday, March 26
- Government unit begins Tuesday, April 7
- Government Test Wednesday, April 15
- Westward Expansion unit begins Wednesday, April 17
- Westward Expansion Test Friday, April 24
- Civil War Unit begins (final exam after SC PASS testing on May 7th/8th) Monday, April 27
- Organisms and Environments unit begins (final exam after SC PASS testing on May 7th/8th) Monday, April 27