Make a Difference in Someone's Life
Service Learning for All Ages!
We have reached our max number for this event! Thank you to everyone who signed up!
PA Virtual Main Office in King of Prussia!
Friday, Nov. 13th, 10am-12:30pm
630 Park Ave
King of Prussia, PA
The Sleeping Bag Project - Also known as the Ugly Quilt Project
Join us as we assemble and sew Ugly Quilts for the homeless. Check out the video below for an idea of what we're going to do. We have quilts that have been started and just need the finishing touches.
Donations Welcomed & Encouraged
Purpose of Outing: Educational and Social
OLS Hours: 90 minutes of Language Arts and 30 minutes of Social Studies
* Students will understand how the Ugly Quilt Project has helped thousands of homeless people, and realize that they, too, can make a difference.
* Students will use mathematical calculations to determine the number and spacing of knots on quilts.
* Students will socialize and use team work with their peers while participating in the quilt project.
*K-6 students will draw a picture or write a paragraph depicting their experience and how it effects the world around them.
*7-12 – students will reflect on the purpose of the outing and compose a well written paragraph of at least 5 sentences on what they can do to help in the future.
RSVP'S ARE NOW CLOSED DUE TO REACHING MAX CAPACITY
RSVP by Monday, Nov. 9th
To Heather Schaffer email@example.com
Please include the following information in your emailed RSVP:
- * Student name, grade, teacher's name
- * Adult chaperone's name
- * Number of additional children or adults
- * Is this your first school year at PA Virtual?
- * Any serious allergies or medical conditions that I should be reminded about?
* An adult chaperone must stay on-site for all PA Virtual events.
* Shoes must be worn at all times.
* All PA Virtual events are smoke-free.
* Pets should never be brought to PA Virtual events.
* To limit the spread of possible flu, please do not attend a PA Virtual event if you have had a fever within 24 hours of the event.
* In consideration of our students with allergies, please refrain from bringing balloons or food containing nut products.