Chemical Engineer My Dream Career
By: Anthony Feliciano
- 1)Chemical engineers work mostly in offices or laboratories.
- 2)They may spend time at industrial plants, refineries, and other locations, where they monitor or direct operations or solve onsite problems.
- 3)Nearly all chemical engineers work full time.
- The work environment for a chemical engineer is usually in a in a industrial plant. Also they typically work in laboratories, where they conduct experiments, or in manufacturing facilities, such as chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing plants, where they monitor production processes. Most technicians work full time.
Education and training
Chemical engineers must hvae a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering. Programs usually take 4 years to complete and include classroom laboratory, and field studies.
Preferred job skills
- 1)Math Skills- Chemical engineers usually us the principle of calculus and other advance mathematics for there analysis.
- 2)Problem solving skills-. chemicals must be able to solve problems to prevent any harm to the workers and also try to prevent the problem for even happening.
- 3)Analyzing skills-Chemical engineers must be able to find out why a design didn't work out and why
- 4)Creativity-chemical engineers must be able to find new ways to apply engineering principle in what they do.
- 5)Ingenuity- Chemical engineers usually have to be able to find out new and improved way to solve problem in their work.
About 4%(slower than average)
$94,350 Per year / $45.36 per hour
High School Prepartion
Many schools offer classes that involve many fields of science and especially for my dream career my school Leyden offer classes that could benefit me :
Even though I'm still young i could apply for a internship My senior year.
- Amy Gorzynski - Business Education Teacher at East Leyden High School
- Michael Matticks, East Leyden industrial tech teacher
My Post Secondary Plan
Potential Chemical Engineers can:
- Enroll into a university or a collage and can take programs like biochemistry.
- obtain your bachelors degree and pursue more education for the career
In order to become a chemical engineer you have to have a bachelors degree. You can get a higher degree in the field of chemical engineering, You can earn this degree at these collages:
- Northwestern University, IL
- University of Illinois
- Illinois Institute of Technology