Welcome...we're glad you joined us today!
SUNDAY, November 28, 2021
As we gather together this morning in person and others connect with us through livestream, we remain a Body of imperfect people who desire to walk in authentic community together as followers of Jesus. This special Sunday Morning Worship Experience is purposed, FIRST AND FOREMOST, to glorify God who deserves every ounce of honor we can pour out AND encourage you through relevant teaching from the Bible, reflective prayers, meaningful worship, loving and serving one another in deep, unifying fellowship. We hope that you will leave both exhausted and refreshed, challenged, encouraged, and hopeful for tomorrow.
Lineup for Today:
- 9:00am - Conversations with God...Corporate Prayer in Padre's Office (Lower Level)
9:30am - Crossroads University - Fall 2021 Session Continues -- all kiddos will be in classes (0-23 months in Nursery, 2 years to 5 years in Toddlers Room and K thru 5th in KidzWorshipMakers in The Underground)
10:30am - The Sunday Morning Worship Experience
6:00pm - Sunday Evening Groups
- 6:00pm to 8:30pm - Crossroads Student Ministry (CSM)
Guests, we'd love to know about your virtual visit today, hear your praises, prayer requests and comments about how you were impacted, and answer any questions you might have about our church, what you heard or next steps to getting involved.
If you're a returning attender or Covenant Partner and would like to share your praises, prayer requests, leave a comment about how you've been impacted today or if you have a question about something you heard today or this week, please click here.
If you're a returning attender or Covenant Partner and you've had a change of address, phone, or email, if you've gotten married or need to make any other changes in your profile in our church management system (CMS), click here.
If you're a Covenant Partner and God's Spirit has placed in you the desire to serve the body and minister to the community through the local church, start your journey here.
Clicking will take you directly to Crossroads' Donate page. Scroll to the bottom of the Announcements for a "How To" video and other ways you can give.
Adopt A Family for Christmas!!!
- Crossroads already reserved these families for you to adopt. You just need to choose the family you want to adopt from our list. We are doing this through Refuge KC, our ministry partners in Northeast Kansas City.
- You can adopt an entire family or you can adopt specific items going into the Christmas basket for that family. You can also donate a monetary gift to go toward the purchase of items to go in these Christmas baskets.
- Please go to the SignUp by clicking here:
- Check the SignUp boxes next to the items that you wish to donate and then go to the bottom of the SignUp and click the "Submit and SignUp" button.
- There is a list of suggested items on the SignUp. There are also some DO NOT INCLUDE items. Please read the top of the SignUp carefully.
- Don't wait until the last minute. All donated items, checks, cash, and Venmo donations must be delivered to Crossroads Church by Sunday, December 5, 2021. That is only ONE WEEK AWAY. You do not have to deliver to the family you adopted, but you MAY if you would like to do so.
- If you would like to "shop" for us using the cash donations given toward families, please let Julie Groff know.
- This is a great way to engage your children in learning how to make Christmas about Jesus, the Gift of Christmas for OTHERS who are in need. Matthew 25:34-40 ESV ." Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’"
- Currently, we have 3 families left to adopt, and a few items need to be filled in for two other families. Don't wait to see if others are going to do so. If these families don't get adopted by Wednesday, we're going to give them away to people in the community that want to help other families in need.
- If you have any questions, please contact Julie Groff or Pastor Darryl. My contact info is in the "Contact Information" list on the HOME tab of CHURCH CENTER.
Crossroads KidzMin Resources
Find out what your kiddos learned today in Crossroads Kidz as well as other resources to help you continue the discussion @Home, click here or go to https://direction4living.com/AtHome. You can also join the conversation with other parents for great resources to supplement your ministry as a parent by going to your Church Center app, go to Groups and look for the Group "@Home for C2 Parents". To join this Group if you're not already a member, click here.
In this Communication Group, you'll also find a constant flow of resources and articles that we provide and recommend to supplement and train you in your ministry of Discipleship @HOME.
Join us for MidWeek!
Are You Looking for Community? Need a Spiritual Recharge to Get You Through the Week? JOIN US Wednesdays for MidWeek @ 6:30pm.
MidWeek is a place for adults from 12 to 120 to find community through fellowship, bible study and prayer. It's a "hump day" for followers of Jesus to spiritually and emotionally refresh, recharge and share in life together. It's designed for the spiritual health and fitness of those who desire to be conformed to His image and nourished in His Body.
Children are welcome. Click the image above to learn more about MidWeek.
SAVE THE DATE!!!
SAVE THESE IMPORTANT DATES THAT ARE COMING UP THROUGH THE REST OF THE YEAR. Please take a moment to click the links below for "C2 Essentials" AND "Over the Hump" for more details about these upcoming and fast-approaching events:
- Saturday, December 4th: Kidz Worship Makers Practice: Actors @ 9am, Bells @ 10am
- Sunday, December 5th: Ladies Christmas Luncheon
- Wednesday, December 8th: MidWeek Dinner
- Friday, December 10th: Crossroads Movie Night - Christmas with The Chosen
- Saturday, December 11th: Kidz Worship Makers Practice: Actors/Soloists @ 9am, Elementary @ 10am, Preschool @ 11am
- Sunday, December 12th @ 6:00 pm: Kidz Christmas Musical
- Sunday, December 19th @ 9:30am: Breakfast with the Ekklesia
- Friday, December 24th @ 6:00pm: The Well: Christmas Edition
- Sunday, December 26th: No Ekklesia Hour @ 9:30am
- Saturday-Sunday, March 4-6, 2022: Crossroads' Men's Warrior Weekend
*Dates are subject to change and more events will be added! We'll keep you informed.
Check Out Friday's "C2 Essentials"
Check Out Wednesday's "Over The Hump"
Supporting the ministries of Crossroads Church with your tithes and offerings has never been more simple. You can give...
- By Mobile App: Go to your App Store and download Church Center. Log in using the mobile number you have on record with the church. Go to the Giving tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Online: Click Here or click the "Give Online" button. If you need assistance, watch the video above.
- By Mail: Make checks payable to Crossroads Church and mail to
PO BOX 351
Grain Valley, MO 64029
- By Text to Give: simply text any dollar amount to 84321 to give. After choosing a church, you'll be asked to set up a payment method. Existing donors can log in to their profile to select a previously used payment method. After initial setup, all you have to do is send an amount to 84321 to give. If giving to a fund other than General or when giving to multiple funds, type the amount followed by the name of the fund. Example: $100 missions $20 building. Other funds are...
DOWNLOAD CHURCH CENTER TODAY!
- ...find a Group
- ...participate in Group messaging with your Group and Ministry Teams and find contact information for those in your Group
- ...support your church, missions and special projects through Giving
- ...signup for a variety of special events (like the ones above this message)
- ...view an upcoming calendar of events here at Crossroads so you can mark your own calendars
- ...view a directory of contacts within the church family and see photos to connect a face with a name
- ...pre-check-in on your way to The Big House so you don't have to stand in line at the Check-In Stations
You'll find links to some of the most vital utilities and features you'll need access to in order to fully participate in community here at Crossroads Church
You can find and install Church Center in the App Store of your mobile device or by clicking the image above.
You can also find and bookmark all the Church Center features and utilities in your favorite browser on your computer by CLICKING HERE or by typing https://crossroadsgv.churchcenter.com/ in the search bar.
Stay Connected to C2
Our Website: http://direction4living.com
- 900 NW Jefferson St. - Grain Valley, MO 64029
- Crossroads Church - PO Box 351- Grain Valley, MO 64029
Darryl & Sharon Jones - Elder/Lead Pastor
- Darryl - 816-694-7621 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click Here to schedule an appointment with Pastor Darryl
- Sharon - 816-694-7622 / email@example.com
Bonnie Burns - Pastor Darryl's Admin Assistant
- 816-718-2153 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel & Krysten Ballard - Elder/Worship Arts/Student Ministry Pastor
- Daniel - 816-517-4252 / email@example.com
- Krysten - 816-809-1128 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael & Summer Hicks / Elder
- Michael - 816-298-3032 / email@example.com
- Summer - 816-572-1264 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the church DOES have a phone line for those outside the church family. We've had the line for the last 22 years and it's good to have for the general public. The church line mostly attracts sales and marketing calls. As a result, it is not monitored very closely.
If you need to contact one of our Staff Pastors or Elders, PLEASE USE THEIR MOBILE NUMBERS WHICH ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ABOVE. You'll also find this information in the front of your Crossroads Connections notebook. These numbers are not to be given out to the public but are available for your personal use.
Office Hours: 10am-3pm Monday thru Thursday
- Pastor Darryl Jones is full-time here at the church but isn’t always in the office as ministry happens everywhere. Pastor Darryl and Sharon live here in “The Big House” and try to be very accessible to the church family. However, they do try to protect Friday each week as a day of restorative rest and time together. Click Here to schedule an appointment with Pastor Darryl. Pastor Darryl tries to “unplug” electronically on Fridays but can be contacted through Sharon in case of emergency.
- Pastor Daniel Ballard is only in the church offices part-time while serving as a full-time EMT for the Odessa Fire Protection District.
- Michael Hicks is a lay Elder and does not keep office hours. He is self-employed and owns his own company, East Side Electric, LLC.
- Bonnie Burns is Pastor Darryl’s Administrative Assistant and works in the church offices during office hours.
- Everyone else who serves our church does so on a volunteer basis—neither receiving compensation nor keeping office hours.
All of that to say - we are here to serve you, but “here” is always relative. Text, email and phone are our friends. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you can’t find us at “The Big House”.
Connect with Us!
...by leveraging who we are and what we've been given to reach our neighbors, our city and our world with the Gospel -- so others may hear...AND live.