Just the Facts...9/13/17
Live Love Learn
Thank you for supporting Hurricane Relief efforts the campus response was overwhelming and Lakeside families purchased 292 shirts! Our student leaders started sorting half of the order and we are waiting for the remaining shirts from CHS so they can be sorted as well. We plan to send ALL SHIRTS home with your learner on Friday.
Special Friends Day
We are excited to welcome our Special Friends to Lakeside on Friday, Sept. 22nd.
Please make note that our special friend's day schedule will include the opportunity to eat lunch with your learner. In order to expedite the arrival of our visitors, we are asking that each parent or guardian complete this form to let us know who will be coming to visit and whether or not they are planning on purchasing a school lunch that day.
Please take a moment to complete this form so our visitors can spend time with the students and not in an office line.
Please plan accordingly: This form will stop accepting responses and must be completed by Sept. 19th (Tuesday) at 8am.
We are looking forward to a great day!
Special Friends Day Schedule
Kindergarten visitors will arrive at 10:30 for lunch followed by a classroom visit and an 11:30 am departure.
First grade visitors will arrive at 11:00 for lunch followed by a classroom visit and a 12:00 pm departure.
Second grade visitors will arrive at 11:30 for lunch followed by a classroom visit and a 12:30 pm departure.
Third grade visitors will arrive at 12:00 for lunch followed by a classroom visit and a 1:00 pm departure. *Please note the updated departure time*
Fourth grade visitors will arrive at 12:30 for lunch followed by a classroom visit and a 1:30 pm departure.
Fifth grade visitors will arrive at 1:00 for lunch followed by a classroom visit and a 2:00 pm departure.
Coppell Bubble Life Survey
News you can use...
There will be some changes to attendance collection procedures and policies that are required by the state. You may not notice any of these procedural changes but it is a good opportunity for me to remind you of the following:
- Learners must be on campus to be counted "PRESENT" by 10am daily.
- The TARDY bell rings at 7:40am. Any child that arrives at 7:40am or later will be counted TARDY.
- A note is required for any and all absences.
- A learner that checks out early will have that dismissal time documented in their attendance file.
- If your child goes to the doctor, please bring us a doctor's note.
- Learners that miss due to religious reasons must submit a specific, district created, Religious Exemption Letter. Please contact the office if you need this letter.
- Please try to avoid checking learners out prior to 10am as this may impact their "PRESENT STATUS."
- If your child is arriving after 7:40am please escort them into the building to check them in.
Please be sure you communicate any dismissal changes with your child's teacher BEFORE 12pm daily. We want every child to get home safely each day but we can not guarantee that emails or phone messages delivered after 12pm will be routed as timely as we would like them to be.
Checking Out - Due to the timing and management of learners during dismissal we ask that you refrain from checking out a child after 2:30pm.
Please remember that we have 500+ children that dismiss from Lakeside on a daily basis.
- Some of our learners walk or ride their bikes home. Please be aware of this as you drive in and around Lakeside each day.
- Cell phone use is prohibited in a school zone which includes our car loops and parking lots.
- Crosswalks must be used in our parking lots as well. Not only does it keep the pedestrian safe but it also models appropriate and safe pedestrian practices for our children.
- Please be aware of cars in our lots. Please park in parking spots and not along the driveway.
We hope that this attention to detail will keep all of our kids (and adults) safe in and around our campus. Thank you!
In case you missed it or if you want quick access to it.
Here is the PTO Newsletter Link.
We love and appreciate our campus volunteers. Please remember to complete the
Volunteer Background Check if you are planning on offering your support as a volunteer this year. Please note that the background check must be completed every year.
Thank you for your partnership!
*Please note dates will be added and some may be changed as necessary
14) 5th grade meeting for Allaso Ranch from 6-7pm in the Cafeteria
15) Dot Day
22) Mark your calendars for Special Friend's Day!
2-4) 5th grade trip to Allaso Ranch
6) Conference Day
- School will not be in session but kids will join parents for their conference time. Please keep an eye open for information from your child's teacher regarding their process for the day.
9) No School - "Fair Day"
13) End of the First Nine Weeks