WEEK 28 AGENDA
MARCH 28TH- APRIL 1ST
Geometry Cakes Due April 8th or April11th. Look at your email attachment for instructions and your classes due date. *These will be put on display in the Library.
MAP TESTING: APRIL 18TH- MAY 6TH
READ 100 MINUTES A WEEK. IT IS SUGGESTED THE STUDENTS READ 20 MINUTES A NIGHT FOR 5 NIGHTS.
Students may have homework coming home throughout the week from small group Champs.
Monday- SPELLING TEST SIGNED AND RETURNED DUE TUESDAY
Spelling: find and write 5 words to follow the pattern: prefix -pre, and suffix -ful
Example: Prewrite & beautiful
Tuesday-STAAR TESTING NO VISITORS. LUNCH AT 11:15.
Wednesday- STAAR TESTING NO VISITORS. NORMAL LUNCH.
Thursday- Ms. Adair's & Zembower's Library Day.
Friday-Mrs. Ballenger's & Buchmiller's Library Day.
Wear Spirit Wear
WEEKEND- ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND :)
WHAT ARE WE LEARNING ABOUT?
SCIENCE: Designing Plant Packages. Over the next few weeks, students will be learning about the physical characteristics of plants and using that knowledge to design and improve a plant package.
Throughout this unit, students will show their learning by:
- describing, comparing, and illustrating physical characteristics plants
- describing what a plant needs in order to survive
- collecting, organizing and recording data showing plant growth
- drawing and recording seed and plant observations
- defining a simple problem and finding solutions
- communicating scientific explanations and valid conclusions
We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. You can support your child’s learning by talking with your child about this unit and encouraging her/him to ask questions and think hard.
We are looking forward to seeing our second graders bloom during this unit!
LANGUAGE ARTS/SOCIAL STUDIES:
- Spelling Pattern: prefix -pre, and suffix -ful Example: Prewrite & beautiful HFW: idea, second, often, package
- Grammar: Capitals (months, days, holidays)
- Skill: Sequence of Events
- Writing: Procedural
APPS TO DOWNLOAD
Kakooma Addition: practice addition facts through puzzles.
Sushi Monster: practice Math facts
Hangman By Spice: practice spelling through a fun interactive game