Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
Sunday, February 4, 2018 / Tuesday, February 6, 2018
LCES United: Together We Are More!
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
If your friends or neighbors have incoming kinder aged students, please encourage them to visit our website to learn more about the kinder registration process.
Recently, there has been some information in the news expressing concern about lead in school water. One of our Colt Families brought this to my attention earlier this year, and so I requested that our district test our school's water for lead. I'm pleased to reassure you that our water (tested at multiple faucets from various points on campus) all came back within a normal and safe range for lead. If you'd like to see a copy of the report that was produced by the chemical testing firm (who is independent of the school district), please ask Pam (our amazing school secretary), as she has a copy of the report.
The annual (and always amazing) PTC Daddy/Daughter dance is coming up on March 3rd. The theme this year is Mardi Gras, and it promises to be a wonderful event for dads and daughters alike. Ticket order forms will be coming home soon, but click here for a save the date flier with information on the time/date/location.
For the last 2 years, our PTC has hosted a successful fireworks booth in the Lincoln Lowe's parking lot. PTC is looking for a family or two to take on the coordination of the fireworks booth this summer. If you are interested, please contact PTC at email@example.com.
- now-Wed., 2/21: PTC Believe Spring Fundraiser - all order/funds due 2/21
- Tues. 2/6-Fri., 2/9: GATE Testing for 2nd graders (teacher determines time)*
- Thurs., 2/15-Mon., 2/19: No School
- Tues., 2/20: School Resumes
- Tues., 2/20: Stop, Walk, Talk Assembly (ask your kiddo about it!)
- Thurs., 2/22, 6-8 pm: PTC Roller King Family Skate Night
- Thurs., 2/22: Parent Resource Night in Spanish - click for flier
- Mon., 2/26, 7 am: Kinder registration starts
- Mon., 2/26: Hearing Screening for grades K, 2 and 5
- Week of 2/26: Read Across America Week
- Wed., 2/28: Spring Picture Day
- Fri., 3/2: LCES Dress Up Day - Favorite Book Character
- Sat., 3/3, 6-8 pm: PTC Daddy Daughter Dance - click for save the date flier
AM Kinder: 8 - 11:20 am PM Kinder: 10:20 am -1:40 pm Grades 1-5: 8:15 am - 1:40 pm (supervision provided for students from 1:40-2 pm)
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.
Mr. Beatty put out food to attract these beauties! If you are a bird enthusiast and can tell us more about how to attract this wildlife, let us know!
Mr. Beatty recently captured some beautiful pictures of some of the wildlife sharing our campus. This red tailed hawk has been hanging out on the fence behind the E building. We also have beautiful blue birds on campus, and some very constipated ravens (yuck!).
Bird Watching at LCE
This feeder hands in the middle of the E/F quad. According to Mrs. Botonis, the birds enjoy snacking at the feeder and living in the bushes between the classrooms!