By Creekside Community High School Yearbook Crew
Events and Activities Coming Up.....
2/26/2020 Chill Snowboarding Trip (repeats every Weds)
2/28/2020 End of Grading Period 5
3/5 - 3/7/2020 Phoenix Program Camping Trip
3/6/2020 PSU iUrban Student Workshop
3/23- 3/27/2020 Spring Break
Youth Advisory Board Update
Currently, the Youth Advisory Board has been working on creating a suggestion box for students and planning senior meetings.
Successful projects that the Youth Advisory Board has completed include:
1) No profanity reminders on the Basketball Court
2) Valentines Appreciation Day, February 14th
3) Student Staff Morning Meeting with Russ and Julie - you are invited Weds at 8am!
By: Nayana Lee and Michael Woodhouse
Welcome Interview with Valorie Spearman, our new Dean!
Valorie Spearman: Dean of Students
Nick: So what does that mean?
Valorie: I advocate for students and help them be as successful as they can
Nick: That's good, what is your life like outside of school?
Valorie: Amazing, I have a family that's pretty cool. I have a son that's 8 who's into sports, it's fun to watch him play and all kinds of things. My daughter is 5 and likes to dance, so we take her to different places to dance or we just play music at home and have a little party in the front room.
Nick: Why did you want to work here?
Valorie: Because I really like working with Russ and following his leadership on making kids feel comfortable and being able to provide the right resources for kids instead of making kids fit into what 'we' want, we kind of do it backward.
Nick: The final question is, did you work in any other schools prior to Creekside?
Valorie: Yes, so I was a ELL teacher in Beaverton school district for 15 years and then I was an assistant principal in East Multnomah county in Portland for 3 years.
Nick: So you've been doing this for a long time
Valorie: Yes, I've been in education for a long time.
Nick: Thank you for your time
Valorie: Of course
Winter Celebration with Cookies and Community
By: Nayana Lee
By: Nick Maxwell
New Electives for Semester 2
1) Scientific Inquiry with Jacqui Meadows and Anne Wallace
2) DIY Music with Jacqui
3) Drama with Mrs. Erikkson
4) What's Next.....Future Planning Seminar with Mrs. Mueller and Kathrin Dougherty
5) Peer Mentoring and Community Leadership Workshop with Jo Linden
6) Set Design in Art 2
7) Setting up Creekside Community High School Cafe with Mrs. Rodgers
8) Language Arts in the Kitchen with Mrs. Rodgers and Mrs. Errikson
Counselor Appreciation week!
By: Nayana Lee