Canvas Parent Accounts
Why should I have a Canvas Parent Account?
Canvas is the district’s learning management system. Canvas acts as a hub for each teacher in the district. Here they house their instructional tools and resources. These include, but are not limited to the following:
due dates, assignments, instructions, rubrics, projects, quizzes, videos, images, articles, presentations, class discussions, events, calendar, links and articles
With a parent account you will be able to view all materials that are published by your student’s teacher as well as your student’s occasional online contributions and submissions in class.
Accounts for grades K-6:
Teachers courses will be viewable for the 2017-2018 school year, we encourage you to set up an account. Look for more information to come in August 2017.
Gradebook information:Within Canvas you might see a Gradebook option. It is important that you are aware that the Gradebook option in Canvas will only show grades earned from assignments that are entered in Canvas. To view all of your student’s grades and class average your will still need to visit Skyward.
Signing Up for My Canvas Parent Account:
- Navigate to the district website: www.wsisd.com
- Select the For Parents tab
- Select Canvas LMS from the menu on the left or use the button above.
- Once you are on the Canvas login screen you will click on the gray banner reading “Parent of a Canvas User? Click Here For an Account”
- Here you will enter your student’s information, your email address and password to create your account.