Erasmus+ Youth Exchange
What is it?
"YOUth emPOWERed" is a 6-day Youth Exchange for young people to understand and develop their skills at building resilience, empowerment and positive mental health.
- Come away with concrete methods and ideas to develop their own sense of empowerment, resilience and positive mental health and incorporate these into their lives.
- Understand themselves and other young people thereby feeling less isolated, better able to understand positive mental health and what they can do to encourage it within themselves and others.
- Aquire skills and competences to deal with burnout and tackle rooted conflict issues.
- Explore the potentials of creative methodologies as a way for self-discovery, stress reduction, creativity, empowerment, resilience and positive mental health.
- Explore the potential of theater experience as a tool for therapy, personal discovery and self expression.
- Be part of an intercultural learning experience.
- Improve Emotional Intelligence.
- Learn about body language and body awareness as a path towards good health.
How we do it
The working methods will be:
- Mindfulness and creativity,
- Body movement and dance,
- Art and creativity,
- Nature and outdoors,
- Conversation within the context of improving resilience, positive mental health and empowerment.
The methodology that will be used is based on the combination of non-formal education with artistic approaches and outdoors.
This project is for you if:
1. You want to develop for yourself and also promote to your peers the principles of empowerment, resilience and positive mental wellness.
2. You want to be supported in your personal process to empowerment and acquire skills on how to become resilient and improve your mental wellbeing.
3. You want to be connected with nature, enhance your creativity, and learn more on how to combine non formal learning tools, arts and nature in order to create a beneficial practice for the mental health wellbeing.
4. You need to strengthen yourself on personal, emotional, mental and physical spheres so that you can feel more confident and empowered to act for social inclusion and youth empowerment in your local community.
The group will be formed by 4 young people (aged 18-30) and 1 team leader (no age limit) per country. Participants could be young unemployed people, young people who live in rural areas, young immigrants/refugees, young people who need tools to self-empowerment.
Travel & Practical Information
In -> 19.08.2021
Out <- 26.08.2021
Board and lodging will be covered by the project.
Travel costs will be 100% reimbursed by the maximum limit of:
Participants contribution: 30€
PARTICIPANTS COULD TRAVEL MAXIMUM 2 DAYS BEFORE OR AFTER THE TRAVEL DAYS, OR 1 DAY BEFORE AND 1 DAY AFTER.
PLEASE DO NOT BOOK ANY TICKETS BEFORE WE CONFIRM IT IS RIGHT TIME TO DO SO.
Covid tests (PCR, Antigen etc) in order to travel to/from Greece are consider a personal expense therefore they are not eligible to be covered by the project.
The food will be yummy vegetarian! :)