Mrs. Bumatay's Bulletin
For Parents and Students
Volume 3 . Issue 1 . Week of October 3, 2022
TRANSLATE THIS BULLETIN
- Select "Translate Newsletter" under the "Accessibility" box (top right) and choose your language.
- Seleccione "Translate Newsletter" en "Accessibility" (cuadro en la parte superior derecha) y elija su idioma.
Dear Cavalier Families,
I hope you had a wonderful Fall Break! I've missed you! Even though we were all looking forward to the two weeks off, I am now excited to see our students back at school! There is no school on Monday, October 3. Students come back to school on Tuesday, October 4. It will be a regular day. Please have your student take a COVID-19 test before returning from break. If you are not part of the SDSU / NIH research study and do not have an at-home test to use, Antigen/PCR testing is available to students, staff and household members at the location below.
Registration is required.
650 L Street
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
This week's announcements:
- We have a couple more weeks left to acknowledge Hispanic Heritage Month! Please watch the video below to see how it all started!
- Picture Make Up Day is Wednesday, October 5th. If your student missed the original picture day, this is the day they will take a picture for the yearbook and for a student ID card. Students will be called out of class to take a picture. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Price at email@example.com.
- In addition, October is Filipino-American History Month. I am a little bit Hispanic and Filipino, so this is a special month for me! I would like to invite you to the annual Magkaisa conference that will be held on Saturday, October 15 at Otay Ranch High school from 9:00 to 1:00. A light breakfast and lunch is provided. The conference is about exposing our students to college information and having them listen to various guest speakers share about their careers. It's a fantastic way to learn a lot about college and careers and see students from all over our district. Parents are also invited! Please sign up here to ride the bus. A parent permission slip must be picked up at the ASB and turned into Ms. Price for all students.
- The Rise Up Friday this Friday is with the English department. If your student currently has an academic grade of D or F in this subject please plan to have them stay after school for more assistance this Friday with their teacher. They will be released at 2:15 pm.
Please feel free to contact myself or one of the Assistant Principals with any questions.
Mr. Guillermo.Flores@sweetwaterschools.org is our 8th grade Assistant Principal
Ms. Georgina.Meza@sweetwaterschools.org is our 7th grade Assistant Principal
In your service,
Mrs. Lora Bumatay