LGS Monthly Newsletter
On the Docket for the Month of August
Monday, August 12, 2019
- 7:00 p.m. Board of Education Meeting @ WMS
Tuesday, August 13, 2019
- 6:00 p.m. Kindergarten Orientation
Wednesday, August 14, 2019
- 5:00-6:30 p.m. Meet the Teacher
- 5:00-7:00 p.m. Kona Ice & Food Trucks
Thursday, August 15, 2019
- First Day of School
- No Kindergarten Transportation
- 11:25 a.m. Dismissal
Friday, August 16, 2019
- ECE Students Begin
- 1:00 p.m. Kindergarten Early Dismissal(Bus service available)
Tuesday, August 20, 2019
- 6:00 p.m. Parent Club Interest Meeting @LGS
- 6:30 p.m. Parent Club Meeting @ LGS
Students will be dismissed at 2:25 p.m. on Wednesdays to allow for teachers to participate in Professional Learning Communities.
The district provides bus transportation to and from school for all students living 1.5 miles or more from the school. A list of bus stops will be published at the beginning of the school year. Parents must, at the beginning of the school year, select one bus stop at which a student is be be picked up and one stop at which a student is to be dropped off. Students are not permitted to ride a bus other than the bus to which they are assigned.
In order to ensure safety to our students, the following are general guidelines regarding transportation:
- For kindergarten student DROP OFF only, there MUST be a parent/guardian present at the bus stop If the driver does not see a parent/guardian, the student will be brought back to school to be picked up.
- All students being transported by a district bus will be transported to and from the same stop every day they utilize the bus services.
- Once a student is on the bus after school, he/she will only be released at the designated bus stop.
- If you wish to make different arrangements for your child after school (i.e. day-care center, and /or a babysitter that will transport), you must make that request in writing before we can honor your request. Such request must be submitted on the Bus Schedule Change form that is available in the school office and online via our school website.
- All buses will drop off in the back parking lot. Parents will drop off in the circle drive at door 2.
- The earliest students should be dropped off to school is 7:55 a.m. There is no supervision before this time.
- Please pull forward as close to door 2 prior to dropping off. Students should be ready to exit the vehicle upon arrival.
- If a student requires adult assistance to get out of the vehicle or with supplies (birthday treats, classroom projects, etc.) please park in the diagonal parking on Jackson St. and enter through the main entrance.
- Entrance doors will be locked at 8:25 a.m. Students arriving after that time will be marked tardy.
- Dismissal time is 3:15 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 2:25 on Wednesday in order for Professional Learning Communities
- Kindergarten students will be dismissed from Door 10
- 1st and 2nd grade student will be dismissed from front Main Entrance
- 3rd and 4th grade students will be dismissed from Door 2
All kindergarten and new students MUST have a physical on file or an appointment card verification in order to start on the first day of school. Board of Education Policy 7:100 states that parents shall present proof of Health Examinations and Immunizations before the start of the school year in order for their child to start school. Students will not be able to attend the first day of school without these required forms in the office.
2nd Grade Dental Exams
As a reminder, 2nd graders are required to have an updated dental exam on file. You can drop it off in the office, bring it to Meet the Teacher Night, or send to school with your child.
Medication at School
A medication form must be completed for all medications, including all over the counter medications. (ex. pain relievers, itch cream, cough drops)
- All prescription medications require a physician's signature on the medication form.
- All medications, prescription and over the counter must be in the original bottle or package.
- A parent must drop off all medications. (asthma inhalers, Epi-pens, Glucagon and Diastat may be transported and kept with the child)
School Supply Lists
We need your help! Clorox wipes were accidentally left off our list for all grades, K-4. Please add this to your list and bring in/send with your child when you can. Thanks so much!
Milk Price -.50 cents Student bringing sack lunches may purchase milk
Two entree choices daily in addition to PB&J sandwich. Student give their preference at morning lunch count. Student may also choose to pass up certain side-dishes while in the food line.
Food is cooked, delivered and served by Aramark. Food is not prepared at LGS.
You may deposit money in your child's lunch account by simply sending money to school in an envelope with your child's first and last name and the words 'lunch money' written on the envelope. You may also deposit money in your child's lunch account by vising www.myschoolbucks.com and following the instructions for setting up an online account.
Families wanting to apply for free or reduced lunches can apply by stopping by the office and filling out a free reduced lunch form.