Music Department Update Fall '15
Questions? Comments? Email me! KSarlo@keansburg.k12.nj.us
Friendly Band reminders:
- Band Students have Practice Log Homework due every 2 weeks. They need to come before or after school for 20 minutes and practice in the band room. I sign off on their practice. Please monitor Genesis for updated grades.
- Any band student using a school instrument owes $30 for a year long rental. Cash or Check payable to the KHS Student Activity Account is appreciated.
- Polos have been ordered. There was a mistake on the embroidery, so we are waiting for them to come back again. If you are purchasing a polo, it is $16 cash or check to KHS Student Activity Account.
- Attendance at Football games is a requirement for band. If your student misses a game, there is an alternate assignment posted the following Monday. They have 5 days to complete the assignment.
- Please continue to monitor grades in Genesis. A student failing ANY class will NOT be permitted by administration to attend any field trips.
- I am accepting any of the following donations: cases of water, full size candy bars (for our candy sale in November), items or gift cards to raffle off at the concert, and snacks to sell at events.
Thank you for your support!
Join Our 'Remind' Group to Receive Text Updates
Text to this Number: 81010
In the Body of the Text Message, type @BurgBand
Important Upcoming Dates
- 10/3 Football @ South River. Report to KHS at 12:30.
- 10/9 Musical Reveal after school in the Music Room
- 10/10 Football Home vs. Metuchen. Report to KHS at 12:00
- 10/17 Homecoming Football vs. Point Beach. Report to KHS 10:30 for REHEARSAL with JRB BAND!!
- 10/21 Talent Show, 6:30 in the KHS Cafeteria, $3 admission
- 10/24 Football @ Middlesex, report time TBA
- 10/30 Football @ Asbury Park, Night Game, Report time TBA
Winter Concert & Art Show
Thursday, Dec. 17th, 6:30pm
140 Port Monmouth Rd
*ALL BAND AND CHORUS STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO PERFORM IN THIS CONCERT.
*I am looking for basket donations for our gift raffle. Gift cards are a great option! Please have all donations in by 12/15 (or let me know they are coming).
*If anybody would like to bring snacks or baked goods to sell at the concert, please let me know.
*Any parents that would like to help sell raffle tickets, baked goods, or 50/50 tickets at the concert, please let me know! Your help is greatly appreciated.