Sussex Avenue News That You Can Use
December 3rd-December 7th
- Hanukkah Begins December 2nd
- December 3rd is an A day.
- Conferences: December 3rd
- Picture Retakes: December 4th
- Holiday Shop 12/4-12/7
- Harlem Wizards- 12/8-
- Winter Concert Grades 3 & 4 December 18th @ 10:00 am
- Grade 5 Orchestra, Band, Chorus Winter Concert, December 19th @ 10:00 am
- Winter Break begins with a 4-hour 20-minute session on December 21st
- December 21st is a Spirit Day!
- School Closed for Winter Break 12/24-1/1. School reopens 1/2/19
The Security Vestibule is Operational!
If you are entering the building, please buzz in as normal. Ms. Johnson/Ms. Gaudioso will buzz you in. Once you enter the security vestibule and the door closes, you will need to buzz in again to release the second set of doors.
Please DO NOT hold the doors open for anyone that is not accompanying you. Each person must go through the process of being buzzed in by the office to ensure everyone's safety.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
Nurse's Corner- Ms. Ruta
How can you tell the difference between a cold and the flu?
Flu and the common cold are both respiratory illnesses but they are caused by different viruses. In general, flu symptoms are more intense. Colds are usually milder. People with colds are more likely to have a runny or stuffy nose. Flu symptoms can include fever or feeling feverish, chills, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, muscle or body aches, headaches, and tiredness. Colds generally do not result in serious health problems, such as pneumonia or bacterial infections like flu can.
Because colds and flu share many symptoms, it can be difficult to tell the difference between them based on symptoms alone. Tests can be done by your doctor within the first few days of illness to tell if a person has the flu for sure.