The Falcon Flyer
For The Week Of: 8/30/21-9/3/21
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
Dear Falcon Family,
It has been a great start to the school year! Thank you all for the commitment you have made to ensure our students have a safe and prosperous school year. I look forward to seeing the growth our students will achieve this year. In working towards that achievement, we as a school have defined several goals that we will work towards in 21-22:
- GOAL 1-We will work together to maintain the safety of the learning environment at all times by being proactive, responsible, and consistent with adhering to all safety and supervision guidelines and practices.
- GOAL 2-We will continue to nurture a blended learning environment through the implementation of strategies that enhance the academic growth and achievement of each student.
- GOAL 3-We will continue to nurture and advance our positive school culture by nurturing positive relationships with students and staff, communicating effectively and positively, modeling positive behaviors, and valuing and celebrating individuals and teamwork.
Falcon Family, I believe in our students, I believe in our staff, and I believe in you! Together we will see these and many other goals achieved this year. We are Sullivan Middle School, One Team on One Mission!
Dr. Juan Roldan,
EARLY RELEASE DAY FOR STUDENTS
AS WE CONTINUE TO PLACE OUR TOP PRIORITY ON THE SAFETY OF OUR FALCON FAMILY, PLEASE REMEMBER NOT TO SEND IN ANY STUDENTS WHO ARE SICK/SYMPTOMATIC IN ANY WAY. THEY SHOULD NOT BE SENT ON THE BUS OR TO ATTEND SCHOOL. THANK YOU FOR WORKING WITH US TO ENSURE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL.
CAR RIDERS: PLEASE FOLLOW THE SAFETY PROTOCOLS BELOW.
PARENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PARK IN THE AUDITORIUM PARKING LOT TO HAVE THEIR CAR RIDER MEET THEM THERE, PARENTS WITH WALKERS ARE ALSO NOT PERMITTED TO PARK IN THE FRONT OFFICE PARKING LOTS TO HAVE STUDENTS MEET THEM THERE AS THIS DISRUPTS OUR DISMISSAL PROCESS. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING AND COMPLYING WITH THESE SAFETY PRACTICES.
- USE DOUBLE LANES BOTH IN THE AM AND PM
- ADHERE TO THE 10-15 MPH SPEED LIMIT
- BE MIDFUL OF SAFETY MONITORS AND STUDENTS
- STUDENTS TRANSITION AT 8:15 AM TO THE FRONT OFFICE AND EXTERIOR DOORS CLOSE AT 8:20 AM, IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE LOOP AT THIS TIME, YOU WILL NEED TO DRIVE AROUND TO THE FRONT (NO STUDENTS ARE TO BE DROPPED OFF IN THE FRONT PRIOR TO 8:20 AM)
- PLEASE HAVE CAR TAGS VISIBLE IN THE DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW AT PM PICK-UP, EXTRA TAGS CAN BE PICKED UP IN OUR FRONT OFFICE
THIS YEAR'S CRITERIA FOR OUR FALCON SPOTLIGHT FOR STUDENTS WILL BE FOCUSED ON OUR IB CHARACTERISTICS AS A SCHOOL. EACH MONTH WE WILL FEATURE AN IB TRAIT TO WORK ON WITH STUDENTS. ONE STUDENT WILL BE CHOSEN PER GRADE EACH MONTH TO BE HIGHLIGHTED FOR THE PREVIOUS MONTH'S TRAIT. PLEASE SEE SEPTEMBER'S GUIDELINES BELOW AND HELP US ENCOURAGE YOUR STUDENT IN WORKING TOWARDS OUR IB GOALS AT SULLIVAN! OUR FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE OCTOBER.
STUDENTS IN MR. MANNING'S ROBOTICS CLASS WORKED ON LEGO MAZES THIS WEEK!
VIRTUAL STUDENT PICTURE DAY TBA
REMIND ALLOWS YOU TO RECEIVE GRADE LEVEL UPDATES.
CLICK YOUR STUDENTS GRADE LEVEL ABOVE TO SIGN-UP.
JOIN US ON SOCIAL MEDIA!