Staff Weekly Update
For the Week of September 7, 2015
Read below for important details . . .
- The toner is our copier is FREE!!! However, the toner for our laser printers costs SGE about $150 per cartridge. PLEASE print multiple copies to the copy machine and not the laser printer. This is so much more cost-efficient for us. Thank you!! PS - as for the toner in our COLOR laser . . . it's very expensive, approximately $800. Please use sparingly and for school use only.
- It is up to the employee to know how many personal & sick days you have. This can easily be found on every paycheck stub OR in your AESOP account. If you request for a personal day beyond what you already have, we will not be able to approve your request.
- You can only have five personal days at MOST. What does this mean? Every new school year a certified employee starts off with three personal days. IF you didn't use the three from the previous year, only two out of your three personal days roll-over. Check your pay stub to find out how many you have. Still unsure? Send Kristin Ewing an email to verify, she will be happy to help.
- Who owns the technology after it's been funded by Donors Choose? Great question! Read below for the reminders & guidelines . . .
- #1 - FIRST check with Connie/Martha & Dan Layton about your Donors Choose request & seek approval first.
- #2 - Once approved & funded - please give it to technology so they can inventory the item(s). They promise to return it back quickly!
- #3 - The tech should stay at the school where it was funded. If the teacher moves grade levels within the same building, it should move with the teacher. If they move to a different building within the district, it will be a discussion/decision involving the principals & Dan Layton - therefore each decision could vary depending on the technology involved.
- ZCS Food Services is on Facebook! Please "like" them by searching for ZCS Food Service or clicking here to go directly to their Facebook page.
Main Office Area
- Please do not discuss students and families in this area - especially by name.
- Please avoid talking or laughing loudly - sound carries easily to all part of the office, even with doors closed.
- Please remember this is Alison and Jen's workspace/classroom. They are constantly on the phone talking with parents, other staff within SGE/ZCS, or new families inquiring about our school.
- Please avoid "hanging out" in the office area during your prep time and after school. The 3:20 - 4:00 time is quite hectic and it's even more hectic when trying to locate a student. Please help them by taking your conversations to the lounge or classroom.
***SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS***
October 1st - Due date for SLO's to be uploaded into SFS. ***Look for a SLO video soon to be uploaded on to our Canvas home page! It will a tutorial of how to calculate your SLO's in two different ways and how you figure out those "tricky" percentage situations!***
Cell phone number for James, our new day custodian - Please feel free to call him, if needed: 317-908-5846. This is a cell phone that has been provided by ABM.
Do you have a class Twitter or Facebook account? If so, please let Connie/Martha know so that we can follow/"like" your page and also link your social media with the SGE Twitter and FB accounts!
Mon. Sept. 7th - Labor Day! ***Enjoy your day off!***
Tues. Sept. 8th
- 8:00 - RtI Grade Level Meetings (please meet + email notes ONLY if your grade level has any students to discuss)
- 8:05 - RtI Team - Mtg. re: 4th grade student
- Largent/Farley - BOY meetings throughout the day
- 2:45 - 504 meeting re: KDG student
Wed. Sept. 9th
- 8:10 - RtI Meeting with Parent - Delp, Barksdale, Largent, Cox
- 9:00 - 12:30 - Largent/Farley in ALICE talks for all classes
- 1:00 - 2:00 - Maxey in meeting @ ESC
- 2:30 - Largent in BOY
- 3:00 - SPED ACR - Largent, Watson, Brizzolara - Conf. room
Thurs. Sept. 10th
- 8:00 - Grade Level Meetings
- 3rd Grade - Zoo Field Trip
- 10:00 - Largent - Sick day to take parents to audiologist - will be leaving SGE @ 10am.
- 11:10 - Farley in BOY
- 1:30 - 2:30 - 3rd Gr. Specialty Fair Kickoff Meeting for Parents - cafe
- 2:30 - Farley in BOY
Fri. Sept. 11th
- Pay day & Jeans!
- 8:00 - 504 & Intake - Cox, Bourff, Largent
- 8:05 - Farley in BOY
- 9:30 - 10:30 - Tech Meeting - Largent, Farley, Layton & Beimfohr
- 10:00 - Largent in BOY
- 11:10 - Largent in BOY
- 1:30 - Farley in BOY
- 1:35 - Largent in BOY