Blair Oaks High School - October 12, 2018
- Thursday, October 18: Early Out at 12:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 19: No School
During conferences, we invite you to visit the FCCLA chicken dinner fundraiser in the high school cafeteria and the Blood Drive in the high school library.
- Where: Blair Oaks High School Library
- When: Thursday, October 18th
- Time: 11:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
To schedule an appointment, visit https://www.redcrossblood.org/ and enter sponsor code "BlairOaks" or call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
School Picture Retake Day
- Date: Friday, October 26th
- Place: High School Library
If your child is coming to the camera as an absentee or as a new buyer, please use a picture day envelope to fill out which package you would like to order, and send it, along with payment, with your child on picture day. Picture order forms will be sent home with absentee students on Monday, October 22nd, and will also be available in the high school office.
If your child needs a picture retake, please return the entire package, including the package insert, on picture day.
Disney Spectacular Dessert Theater
- When: November 4, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Blair Oaks HIgh School Gym
- Cost: $10 for table seat, $8 for bleacher seat
- High energy production featuring all of the Blair Oaks Choirs & Show Choir
- Dessert Buffet
- Silent auction of novelty desserts, presented to highest bidder during the live auction
- Live auction of novelty desserts, auction occuring during intermission of the show
- Many Disney characters will be available for photos and autographs
Proceeds will benefit the Vocal Music Department. Proceeds are utilized for choir uniforms, music, equipment, and field trips throughout the year.
Our Patriot Tree is named Leon’s Patriot Tree to honor a local fallen Marine hero, Leon Deraps. Blair Oaks families are called upon to honor our veterans by donating items (suggested items listed below) to the Blue Armory and/or making monetary donations.
This is the Blair Oaks' Community's opportunity to show our appreciation for their sacrifice and duty to our nation.
Donations received will be placed under a patriotically decorated Christmas tree (The Patriot Tree) during a dinner, called Operation Bugle Boy 2018, for veterans. The donations are going to be given to Mid-MO Family PX food pantry (located at Blue Armory), a volunteer organization available to serve all branches of military families in the Jefferson City area.
Children School Supplies
Personal Hygiene Items
Toothbrushes and toothpaste
If making a monetary donation, please make checks payable to Operation Bugle Boy Inc. Checks may be dropped off at Downtown Legends Bank or can be mailed to:
Operation Bugle Boy Inc- Patriot Tree
c/o Rosie Verslues
130 East McCarty St.
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Donation deadline is Wednesday, November 7th. Donations may be dropped off at any Blair Oaks school.
Wave 'Em If You Have 'Em
Let’s show the Vietnam Veterans that the Blair Oaks Community appreciates them for their past service by lining the motorcade route for the Honorary Guest of Operation Bugle Boy’s Veterans Appreciation Night (VAN) on Thursday, November 8th, 2018.
- When: Thursday, Nov. 8th, 3:45-5:30 p.m.
Motorcade departures from Candlewood Suites at 4:15 p.m. Flag wavers should be in place by 4 p.m.
- How: Wave flags with yellow ribbons and post banners incorporating a yellow ribbon as the motorcade for Operation Bugle Boy’s Honorary Guests passes by on its way to the event at the St. Martins Knights of Columbus Hall.
- Where: The motorcade will travel from Candlewood Suites on Amazonas Drive; left on Truman Boulevard; right on Country Club; to Business 50 in Apache Flats; right on Highway T in St. Martins; left into the St. Martins Knights of Columbus parking lot.
- October 10 - PSAT Test, 8:00 a.m.
- October 12 - End of 1st Quarter
- October 12 - Senior Night (Band, Cheer, CC, Dance, and Football)
- October 18 - Early Release, 12:30 p.m.
- October 18 - Parent/Teacher Conferences, 1:30-7:00 p.m.
- October 18 - Red Cross Blood Drive, 11:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- October 18 - Senior Night (Volleyball)
- October 19 - No School
- October 16, 18, 23, 25, ACT Prep Days
- October 26 - Picture Retake Day
FUTURE BLOOD DRIVES
- January 9 - Blair Oaks HS Library
- March 24 - St. Stanislaus School