November 26th, 2017
Brock had 18 participants at the Coyote Chase Race on Saturday, November 18th. Many of those participants received medals or ribbons. The wind on that day was brutal but a great time was had by all. Thanks to Mr. Atchley for spearheading that great opportunity for us.
BJH sponsored 681 turkey meals for Gospel Union Mission! What an amazing show of support!
Teacher Turkey Bowl
This is a Thanksgiving tradition at BJH and is always fun for staff and students! I will say that bowling frozen turkeys is NOT an easy task!
The BJH Band competed in the Region 30 Honor Band competition. We had 11 students selected for the Honor Band. CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!! They will rehearse and perform in a special concert on Dec.1st at Kennedale High School.
1. Dusty Baker - 5th Chair French Horn
2. Kayla Cockerline - 1st Chair Clarinet
3. Emily Cummings -3rd Chair Clarinet
4. Sarah Elders- 8th Chair Flute
5. Diana Garcia- 5th Chair Flute
6. Cooper Luce- 3rd Chair Trumpet
7. Evelynne Metzler -2nd Chair French Horn
8. Abbye Nash - 6th Chair Flute
9. Anna Patterson -4th Chair Trumpet
10. Ashlynn Rogers- 4th Chair Flute
11. Austin Smith- 2nd Chair Bass Clarinet
Upcoming This Week and the Month of December:
Friday, December 1st
- Honor Band Performance @ Kennedale
- Progress Reports go home
The Remainder of the Month:
Monday, December 4th
- 8th-grade Theater performance of "Box" (5th & 6th grade 9:00 a.m. and 7th & 8th grade 10:00 a.m.)
- Lady Eagles Basketball vs Eastland 4:30
- Eagles Basketball at Eastland 5:30
Tuesday, December 5th
- 5th-grade UIL Meet in Eastland
- 8th-grade Theater performance of "Box" 7:00 p.m. at BJH
- 6th, 7th, and 8th-grade UIL Writing
Wednesday, December 6th
- 7th grade Reading Benchmark
- Band Christmas Concert 6:30 p.m. BHS
Saturday, December 9th
- BJH Lady Eagle Brock Tournament
Monday, December 11th
- Eagles basketball vs Cisco 4:30
- Lady Eagles basketball at Cisco 4:30
- School Board Meeting
Tuesday, December 12th
- UIL Meet 6th, 7th, 8th at Tolar
Friday, December 15th
- Texas Snowball Fight during Eagle Period (details click here)
Monday, December 18th
- Lady Eagles Basketball vs Breckenridge 4:30
- Eagles Basketball at Breckenridge 5:00
Wednesday, December 20th
- 7th-period Semester exam (see exam schedule below)
Thursday, December 21st
- Early Release 12:00
- Semester Exams - 1st, 2nd, 3rd period (see exam schedule below)
Friday, December 22nd
- Early Release 12:00
- Semester Exams- 4th, 5th, 6th period (see exam schedule below)
BJH Semester Exam Schedule
5th grade District UIL Meet - December 5th
6th - 8th grade District UIL Meet - December 12th.
Summer Reading Books: If you have books from this summer's reading that you no longer want to store, please feel free to donate those to the library. Questions about other possible book donations can be directed to Angela Grimm - email@example.com.
Eagle Garden - something we are working toward.....
Our primary goal of the Eagle Garden is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. This outdoor learning center will allow for all levels of students to engage in agricultural practices on a small scale, learning about the responsibilities and impacts of land cultivation. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Garden but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Please direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Dress Code Concerns
There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eyebrows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Armed Forces Display
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.