Is bottled water really better?
Opinion and History
Bottled water was invented around 1835. Believe it or not, major bottled water brands actually use tap water as their water source but put the water through additional steps. The good side to bottled water is, without bottled water we could increase the consumption of sugary beverages.Plus, you can grab and go, when your done toss it away. Last, some people say selling bottled water creates good jobs.
Bottled water it is wrecking the environment and wasting resources. Also, bottled water produces up to 1.5 million tons of plastic waste per year. So say no to bottled water!
Plastic Bottles are taking up Crude Oil
- Did you know most of all the plastic from water bottles are made from crude oil?!
- All the crude oil used for water bottles for 1 year is enough to keep 1 million cars on the road for a year!
- Also, making all the bottles out of crude oil is destroying the environment.
Buying Bottles is a Waste of Money
- Every year Americans buy around 30 billion bottles of water a year. That's enough to stretch from the Earth to the Moon 13 times!
- Why would you buy bottled water when there 240 to 10,000 times more money than tap water.
- Also, between 25 and 40 percent of bottled water is actually tap water.
Bottled Water is Wrecking the Environment.
- The shipping of bottled water is releasing thousands of of tons of carbon dioxide into the air.
- Also, animals are getting effected, their eating the littered bottles, and small animals are getting their limbs stuck in the bottles.
- Last, the manufacturing process is releasing toxic compounds like nickel, ethylene oxide, and benzene.