Ms. Mac's Memos
Mission & Vision
Park Street Mission:
We Learn. We Grow. We Thrive.
Park Street Vision:
Our vision is to provide a collaborative foundation for successful learning and living through:
P- Positive Experiences
S- Supporting all students
E- Engaging with the community and creating
S- Students of excellence
Weekly Meeting Schedule
SILT Meetings: Thursdays at 2:30pm
Clerical Meetings: Tuesdays at 10:00am
PLC Meetings: Tuesdays
- Kindergarten- 11:00am
- 1st grade- 1:00pm
- 2nd grade- 3:00pm
- 3rd grade- 9:00am
- 4th grade- 12:00pm
- 5th grade- 2:00pm
- ID teachers- 11:30am
FYI...Mac's Memos will be sent Monday-Thursday
Frequently Used Links
Staff Shout out Link
Zoom Live Lesson Form
We know you have started live lessons and we are excited to see all the amazing things you are doing. Use this hyperlink to access the document PS Live & Recorded Lessons. Log your live lesson(s) schedule. We know many of you store recorded lessons in different areas of your individual or grade level folders. Share where you store your recorded lessons. There is a tab for each HR teacher and additional tabs for ESOL, EIP, IRR, and Specialists.
The document has an “example” tab.
Example 1: If you teach the same subject the same day or days using a recurring Zoom link.
Example 2: If you teach subjects on the same day OR different day using a new Zoom link every time.
Example 3: Ms. Vogt completed her tab for this week.
The document allows administration and coaches one stop access to everyone’s lessons. We will add the link to Mac’s Memo so you may update the document as your lessons progress or as links change. Do not hesitate to ask any questions.
We are still in need of about 10 more teachers for summer school. The pay is roughly $1200 (before tax). If you are interested, please sign up using the link below.
Only TWO more days for families for sign up for summer school. Please be sure to share and communicate with parents about the importance of summer school.
Paper slides- http://paperslide.blogspot.com
Super easy way for students to show what they know at a higher level of thinking!
View my paper slide here: http://youtu.be/YWmYCaV7ldU
View lots of others here: https://m.youtube.com/user/mpetag/videos
Ppt presentation about paper slides: http://bit.ly/summersummit14
Assistant Principals' Corner
Please make sure your Zoom schedule is up to date on the Google Sheet. Please see the link above to add or make changes.
Schoology Usage Report
Teacher Appreciation Week
Monday- “Marvelous Teacher Monday”- enjoy a special delivery from us
Tuesday- “TERRIFIC Superheroes”- You are our heroes! We will be sporting our best superhero gear in honor of YOU!
Wednesday- "What an incredible teacher you are!" Celebrate with a free Zaxby's box lunch or salad. Place your order here. Orders are due by tomorrow at 9am.
Thursday- "Thank you Thursday." Enjoy a special "note" of thanks from us.
Friday- “Fun Friday”- enjoy a fun message from us
You can pick up your Zaxby's lunch order on Wednesday between 11-12:30 in front of Park Street.
Free Nothing Bundt Cake
REMINDER: Clarification on Summer Learning and Class Placements
- We will receive a list of students registered for summer school some time after May 6th.
- The iReady diagnostic window opens on Monday, May 4th. In an effort to not overwhelm the students, we ask that you post "small" assignments for students to do in Schoology. (For example, please share one thing that was difficult for you on the diagnostic assessment. OR Write one interesting thing about a book you are reading.)
- EVERY student should take the iReady Reading and Math diagnostic
- During the diagnostic window, you might want to begin giving students the Pioneer Valley Reading Assessment.
- Please give EVERY student attending summer school the Pioneer Valley Reading Assessment by May 22nd. You do NOT have to give this assessment to each of your students, but we feel it will be beneficial to assist us in knowing where students end the year.
- If you are giving one-on-one Reading assessments to students next week, it is okay to do these in lieu of your zoom live lessons. We understand that a one-on-one reading session with 7-15 students will take some time.
- Class placements will be done via Zoom meetings
- Sharon will send out an updated class placement schedule
- Based on feedback from other schools, these are taking several hours
- You do NOT need to have your data cards completed for these meetings, but instead, please complete the Google form for your students. You will need to have the data cards complete by the time we return to school in July.
- Some of you may want to use the cards during the placement meeting because it may be easier to view the students on paper (this is completely up to you)
- The data cards will be given to the teacher that has that student next year
- Class placement online form
Summer learning needs
- Every student attending summer school should have: A Pioneer Valley reading assessment, and iReady Reading and Math diagnostic assessments
Staff Shout Outs... (please submit shout-outs by 3pm)
1. Dana Mosley
All that you do to help students receive the support they need!
2. Dana Mosely, Beverly Dixon, Joanna Cox, Ana Allan, Marlyn Thomas, Zach Smarr
A HUGE thank you for all helping with packing the STEM Lab and breaking down the outdoor garden. You all made a 1 person task a TON easier! Go Team!
3. Diona McIntire
I appreciate all your support.
4. Mr. Soto
Thank you for always being there to help in any way we need. You are always willing to go the extra mile with us, and make sure that we are on top of things.
5. Ashley Bagwell
Thank you for your calm and peaceful demeanor, and always helping us to "get it done". You don't know how much your quotes and comical memes/pictures help us get going at the start of a busy day.
6. Velisa Caldwell
Thank you for always being willing to help us at any time when situations get difficult. You have taken on some of the most challenging situations even when your plate is already full.
7. Dana Mosely
Thank you so much Dana for all your hard work. From managing S44 kids, to regular zoom lessons/individually contacting EIP/S44 kids, to frequent team zoom meetings, you are always there and on it. LOVE working with you!