AEB Weekly 2/12/18 to 2/18/18
W. Charles Akins High School Band - Austin, TX
Congratulations to all students on their performances at UIL Solo & Ensemble!
- 18 Students Advanced to the UIL Texas State Solo & Ensemble Contest
- 45 Students Received a First Division "Superior" Rating on a Solo
- 14 Students Received a First Division "Superior" Rating on an Ensemble
- 25 Students Received a Second Division "Excellent" Rating on a Solo
- 11 Students Received a Second Division "Excellent" Rating on an Ensemble
Events, Announcements, and Information
Multiple Sectional Schedule Changes This Week - Check the Calendar!
Students are responsible for staying aware of their schedules for sectionals and full ensemble rehearsals.
In the case where there is a holiday (like this week) there are alterations in the schedule...stay informed!
Please check the band calendar frequently to make sure you attend all required rehearsals and events.
Wear your AEB Polo and bring a sack lunch or have a meal brought to you after school!
Tuesday, Feb 13, 2018, 05:45 PM
Akins High School, S 1st St, Austin, TX, USA
Purchase Yankee Candle Company Candles All Spring - Earn Money for AEB to Fund Clinicians
This week we will hand out catalogs and information on our sale so you can support your band program by selling candles for the next couple of weeks.
The money earned from this sale will help pay for clinicians for the spring semester. Everyone is asked to participate!
Please direct your friends and family to the AEB website where a picture will allow them to purchase!
25% of Fees Were Due 1/31 - Next 25% Due 2/28
For those of you that have yet to take care of that obligation, please take care of that this week. Students who did not make the 25% payment on past due accounts will be added to the Akins HS Financial Obligation list on Wednesday 2/6.
The next 25% of fees are due on 2/28. The band staff will be reaching out to all families within the next week to update you on your current balance and to arrange payment of your fees.
Unfortunately, students/families who have not taken care of their financial obligations will not be able to register for band in 2018-2019.
Seniors who have not taken care of their financial obligations will not receive their HS Diploma, per Akins policy.
It is the goal of the band staff to work with all families to make sure that fees can be cleared.
You can make payments in the following ways:
$10 Per Solo & Ensemble Entries Past Due
Earn Money for Your Band Fees, Trip Payments, and Lessons
There are always shifts available and we are already needing people to work!
- Saturday, February 24th - Symphonic Band Clinic w/ Mr. Benzer - Akins HS - 8:00am to 10:00am
- Saturday, February 24th - Concert Band Clinic w/ Mr. Benzer - Akins HS - 10:30am to 12:30pm
- Saturday, February 24th - Wind Symphony Clinic w/ Mr. Benzer - Akins HS - 4:00pm to 6:30pm
- Tuesday, February 27th - Full Orchestra UIL - AISD Performing Arts Center - Time TBA ***Select Students Only***
- Saturday, March 6th - Percussion Ensemble Concert - Akins HS - 7:00pm to 10:00pm