Career Center Weekly Update
August 31, 2015
UGA Career Center
APPOINTMENTS: Call (706) 542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
WALK-IN HOURS: 12-2pm, Monday-Friday in the Career Center computer lab.
SATELLITE HOURS: Click on your Career Consultant's name to see when they are coming close to you!
J.P. Morgan's Sales & Trading Networking Receptions
Arch Ready Programs This Week:
Job & Internship Searching Overview
Tuesday, September 1st
So you need a job or internship, but you're not sure how to even begin? At this program, students will receive a broad overview of the job searching process. UGA Career Center staff will discuss a variety of campus resources and provide tips on how to structure your search. Students are encouraged to bring their questions!
50 Things to Do with a Science Degree
Wednesday, September 2nd
Explore potential career paths related to a science major. Learn about a variety of diverse classes, internships, research opportunities, and other experiential learning opportunities affiliated with UGA that relate directly to your field of interest.
Careers in Consulting
Wednesday, September 2nd
This event will include a panel of consulting professionals from a variety of firms, including Deloitte, Triage, FTI, and Stadion. Students will have the opportunity to hear the professionals describe their careers in the consulting industry, the hiring process for consulting roles, tips for those interested in pursuing the field, and much more. There will also be time at the end for students to ask questions and network with the panelists.
Creating a Digital Portfolio
Thursday, September 3rd
Come to this workshop if you'd like more information on creating a digital portfolio to showcase work you've done and help make yourself more competitive in the job and internship search. We'll discuss information and sections that should be included in a digital portfolio, the differences between popular platforms and how to include your portfolio link on your job/internship search materials to ensure views.
The Arch Ready Professionalism Certificate is a series of programs offered by the UGA Career Center to provide students with career development and job search training.
Students who complete the program will receive:
- Formal printed certificate
- Option to participate in a resume book exclusively for certificate recipients
- Professionalism Certificate Lapel Pin to wear for interviews, career fairs, and graduation
UGA Law School Open House
Georgia Law is hosting two Open House events this Fall.
The first event will take place September 17, 2015, and it is exclusively for UGA students and alumni. Prospective students are invited to attend a class (optional) and an information session, followed by an informal reception with current students.
Here is the link for registration: http://law.uga.edu/open-house-invitation-uga-students
On October 8th there will be an event for all prospective students, including UGA students who could not make the first event. The schedule will be the same, and the link to register is here:
These events are open to all who would like to attend!
The UGA Career Center
The Career Center can help you with:
- Choosing a major/career
- Resume writing
- Getting into graduate school/finding a job
FOR APPOINTMENTS: call 706-542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
Stay Connected with Us!
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
* Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE READ THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS TO UNSUBSCRIBE.