News from Room 4
December 22, 2017
What will be learning/doing after the break:
* Language Arts Unit 3 Week 3- It's fun to create art and make things!
- Vocabulary: original, astonishing, complicated, talented, continue
- Words to Know (read, spell, write): soon, every, from, your, people, into
- Grammar: past-tense verbs and capitalizing proper nouns
- Phonics: words with ch, tch, wh Spelling: whale, catch, match, chin, chop, whip)
- Skill: Main Idea and Details
-A reading Pal is going home today to motivate your children to read as much as possible. (I tell them that the Palls LOVE to be read too!) Make sure it is returned by January 10th in the same condition as it went home. Thanks! Continue to discuss characters and main points using the 5 finger retell after each book.
-We are learning about VERBS and will be talking about them a lot in January as well, so point them out everywhere! I included with the reading pal, a VERB paper to record all verbs found.
-Have your child log on to, Raz -Kids as much as possible and take the comprehension tests after completing each story.
-I'm really focusing on Word Problems in math and it would be very beneficial to make up real life problems for your child to solve... There are 20 people on this plane, 14 are girls, how many are boys? I have a pack of peanuts. I ate 10 and there are 5 left in the package, how many total peanuts did the package have in it? Remember to take dice with you on your travels! They are easy to pack and you can play a ton of math games with them.