Our Lady of Lourdes School T1, 2022
Nau mai, Haere mai, Welcome to Term1: Week 3
HELLO, KIA ORA, KIA ORĀNA, MALO E LELEI, TALOFA, NAMASTE, KUMUSTA...
Blessings to you all as we journey into Week 3. We hope this newsletter finds you well
CONGRATULATIONS to our new WHANAU LEADERS for 2022 - we wish you the very best for the year ahead.
POMPELLLIER: Milo and Mikaela
McAULEY: Eleanor and Mia
ONGLEY: Lizzie and Caitlin
BERNADETTE: Stelios and Addie
VINCENT: Kellan and Ollie
FRANCIS: Emily T and Nirai
Thank you to those who have returned the forms we sent home last week - it is vital that we have all your latest and up to date information so that we can contact you, especially in these times.
Please keep any eye out for notices on the School APP (SchoolAppsNZ), the school webpage, and facebook. We will also send home an email if required.
THREE WAY CONFERENCES
As we cannot have our Term 1 'Meet the teacher conferences' we will be sharing a Google form for you to complete. We want to know more about your child - and your ideas for the year ahead. The teachers will take time to go through these. We will send these out tomorrow via seesaw so please look out for these.
Home Clothing (Mufti Day) this Friday, 18th February for TONGA CARITAS APPEAL
This Friday, your child is welcome to wear their choice of clothing from home to help us support our family and friends in Tonga. Please bring a gold coin donation to support those who are in need.
Blessings to you all for your week ahead - go gently, stay well and thank you for supporting our school with such kindness and Mercy.
The team at Our Lady of Lourdes.
SCHOOL SET UP FOR 2022
CLASSROOM SET UP FOR 2022
This year we have three learning HUBS that are working well at these initial stages. A reminder of the classroom names and teachers in these.
We also have new names reflecting our journey into who we are as a school/kura.
JUNIOR HUB (starting at the field end of junior block)
Ōkatia - The mighty Tōtora that forged the gorge. In it lived the spirit Ōkatia.
Room 1: Ōkatia Tahi - Mrs Caroline Gilligan (Year 0&1)
Room 2: Ōkatia Rua - Mrs Corina Cheetham (Year 1&2)
Room 3: Ōkatia Toru - Mrs Colette O'Connor (Year 2&3)
MIDDLE HUB (The two classrooms closest to the courts/carpark of junior block)
Tū Manawa - The heart standing together
Room 4: Tū Manawa Whā - Mrs Julie Moor (Year 3&4)
Room 5: Tū Manawa Rima - Mrs Helena Pedley (Year 3&4)
SENIOR HUB (Upstairs)
Te Āwhina - The heart standing together
Room 6:Te Āwhina Ono - Mrs Davinia O'Callaghan (Year 5&6)
Room 8: Te Āwhina Waru - Mr Michael Anderson (Year 5&6)
TERM ONE HAPPENINGS - A REMINDER THAT OUR SCHOOL/KURA IS CLOSED ON MONDAY 21st February
- STAFF ONLY DAY (SCHOOL CLOSED) - MONDAY FEBRUARY 21st - all Catholic schools in our Palmerston North Catholic Kāhi Ako will be working with Rangitane on this day.
- Life Education bus from February 22nd - with a health lens. This will be supported with further work on Zones of Regulation that began last year.
- We have swimming for the first six weeks - please bring togs to school everyday
- All Catholic schools Combined Tabloids are postponed at this stage.
COVID 19 UPDATE
COVID 19 UPDATE
Thank you for all your support in looking after each other in these unusual times. We know that this can be an unsettling time and we are so proud of how happy and resilient our children are. There are many wonderful things happening each day at school and your child is busy learning and living the Mercy way.
CATHOLIC CHARACTER - THE SYNOD
A global invitation
During this significant time in the Church’s history, Pope Francis invites ALL of us to reflect on our faith journey and share our vision for the future of the Catholic Church. Our diocese is currently asking people to share their voice and to listen to one another as part of this process.
This is an invitation to participate and explain how your school community can be part of this important moment.
The Catholic School community, including all staff, students and whānau, is a very important part of the Diocese of Palmerston North. We hope as many people as possible from across our school communities are able to be involved in the local phase of the Synod, which is currently underway.
In addition to the participation of students in this process, we would love to hear the important voice of our whānau/families connected to our schools. Below are some ways that you might be able to share this opportunity with your students' whānau.
- Information for whānau/families could be included in newsletters and through your school app. An example blurb is included in the ‘Classroom Resource’ and on our website. You are welcome to adapt or add to. You could also share this video invitation with parents in your digital communication to your school community: https://youtu.be/A7l3OE7JVkU
Thank you for all that you do.
Mass of Installation for Bishop Steve
Kia ora koutou
The Mass of Installation for Bishop Steve as the 12th Bishop of Auckland will be celebrated this coming Saturday at 11.30am. The Mass will be live-streamed, so everyone can join in despite the Red light.
There will be two separate streams:
- The primary one for most people
- A secondary stream that will include the NZSL interpreters displayed picture in picture for those who are deaf or hard of hearing.
The link for connecting to both is: https://www.online.multimedia.co.nz/aucklandcatholic
Ngā mihi nui, David
OUR LITURGY FOR THE WEEK
We have moved our uniform to Academy Apparel on Broadway Avenue.
For 2022: we understand there maybe challenges trying to source the new uniform and will help anyway we can. Please wear our older style uniform for the year if you are able and have access to one.
- If you have the new uniform - that is great.
- If you have to do a mixture for now - no problem. We will all work together on this and we will get there.
- We have a lot of wonderful donated items in the office area so if you are struggling with sourcing a uniform please come in and have a look - they are free to a good home.
We hope that by 2023 we can have all children in our new school uniform with the PE uniform used for sports activities only.
Let's go gently and work together on this.
TERM ONE DATES FOR 2022
- MONDAY FEBRUARY 21st - Kāhui Ako Staff Only day - all Palmerston North Catholic SCHOOLS CLOSED
- Tuesday February 23nd - Life Education is here for the week
- Wednesday March 2nd - Ash Wednesday - we hold liturgies in each of our rooms
- Thursday April 14th - HOLY THURSDAY
- THURSDAY APRIL 14th - END OF TERM ONE
- Friday April 15th - Good Friday - SCHOOL CLOSED FOR THE TERM BREAK
DATES for 2022
Term 2 - Monday 2nd May - Friday 8th July
Term 3 - Monday 25th July - Friday 30th September
Term 4 - Monday 17th October - 14th December (to be confirmed)
St Vincent de Paul
Society of St Vincent de Paul:
Youth Co-ordinator Position
We are currently seeking a person to work across
the Catholic schools in the city.
The position involves 10 hours a week during school
For a job description, rates of pay etc please contact
Rose Semmens 06 3575429
Applications close 18 February
St Vinnie's Shop 252 Rangitikei Street
We need volunteers - for an interview
Phone Toni 357 6779