CES Weekly Buzz May 2, 2016
From the Desk of Mrs. Proskey
Dates to Remember...
- 5/2- 3rd Grade ISTEP Testing
- 5/2- Board Meeting @ 7:00pm @ Admin Building
- 5/3- 7:30am TALK Team in Conference Room
- 5/3- 3rd Grade ISTEP Testing
- 5/3- Marshall County Spelling Bee @ 6:00pm @ H.S. Auditorium
- 5/4- Staff Meeting 3:15 in DLL
- 5/5- Proskey- Marshall County Promise Training (N.Manchester all day)
- 5/5- PTO Meeting @ 5:30pm @ CES Library
- 5/6- 12:40 J.C. Move in Proskey, Kinney, Smith
- 5/6- Cavalier Cruise @ 1:00
- 5/6- Spring Fling/ Book Fair Kick Off @ 5:30-7:30
-------------ISTEP Testing Schedule------------- 3rd Grade- May2nd & 3rd/ Make-ups May 4th-6th
5/2 Mon----- English 2 tests
5/3 Tues---- English 1 test
This Week's Menu....
- Breakfast- Breakfast Pizza/ Cereal with Cracker
- Lunch- Chicken Tenders w/ Mashed Potatoes and corn/ Potato Bar
- Breakfast- Cinnamon Roll/ Cereal with yogurt
- Lunch- Ravioli w/ broccoli / Salad Bar
- Breakfast- Mini Pancake w/ sausage bites / Cereal with Cracker
- Lunch- Chicken & Noodles w/ Mashed Potatoes/ Potato Bar
- Breakfast- Egg, Sausage and Cheese on English Muffin/ Cereal with Cracker
- Lunch- Mini Corn Dog w/ Chips/ Salad Bar
- Breakfast- Funnel Cake/ Cereal with yogurt
- Lunch- Big Daddy Cheese Pizza w/ Green Beans/ Turkey & Cheese Sandwich
This Week's Sporting Events...
MAY 2016 - FOCUS of the MONTH
The purpose the Literacy Focus of the Month is to provide guidance to administrators and teachers for supporting a monthly, school wide instructional focus based on best practices and research-based strategies in literacy. This "user-friendly" guide and support tools will assist districts and schools in the implementation of reading instruction in classrooms across multiple grade levels, as well as different subjects/content areas. The topics in this newsletter range from policies and procedures to the five essential components of reading as identified by the National Reading Panel. The material is devoted to strengthen administration and teacher content knowledge by focusing on one topic each month. Although the monthly focus will highlight and supplement a specific procedure or skill, it is impossible to teach the components in isolation; therefore, the Literacy Focus of the Month should serve to present a school-wide shared commitment to literacy.
NEW!! May 2016 Vocabulary FOCUS Digging Deeper
Lexile Measuring Tools
Teachers often talk about student Lexile levels, these resources below will help you and your child understand what a Lexile level is and why it is important for your child to choose a book that is at the right level for them to read.
“Find a Book”: This book-search tool enables individuals to build custom reading lists based on Lexile range and personal interests and to check the availability of books at the local library. The search tool includes a growing collection of literary and informational books.
Lexile Book Titles Database: The database is comprised of over 130,000 literary and informational titles with Lexile measures. The database is offered free of charge to educators.
Lexile® Map: The Lexile map provides a graphic representation of texts matched to appropriate levels of reading ability. Check out the new designs and printing options that were released Summer 2012!
Blessings in a Backpack Needs Packing Volunteers!!!
If you would like to help volunteer packing Blessings Backpacks, please see times and dates below.... (it usually takes about an hour)
Please mark or update your calendars to reflect the following times and change of time:
Wednesday, May 11 set up @ 4:30
Thursday, May 12 packing @ 4:30 pm
All set up and packing is done at Culver Bible Church, 718 S. Main Street in Culver.
Dianne, Stephanie and Tracy
Blessings in a Backpack Coordinators
CES Community Volunteer Program
CES Loves it's Volunteers!!!!