Patton PTA Updates
September 2, 2022
What's in this week's newsletter?
So many opportunities to be involved in our Patton Community!
- Become a Member of Patton PTA
- Spirit Night at Doc's Backyard Next Wednesday!
- NEW: September is National Fruit and Vegetable Awareness Month
- NEW: Patton Gardening Day: Sept 24
- NEW: Support Patton's Green Initiatives Projects
- NEW: Update - Teacher Supplies Classroom Reimbursement
- NEW: Join a PTA Committee
- Help organize our Diwali celebration
- Volunteer Background Checks
- NEW: MORE Volunteer Opportunities
- First Patton PTA general meeting on Sept 22
We need you!
• Membership costs only $8 and is good for a whole year
• Membership carries no obligation or time commitment
As a member, you can:
1. Have fun
2. Make a difference
3. Give back
4. Stay informed
5. Witness improvement
6. Feel good
7. Tap into a network
8. Be a role model
9. Get connected
10. Benefit your child
EVERYONE is welcome - parents, grandparents, tias, tios, neighbors, friends, and more! Sign up now!
Spirit Night @ Doc's Backyard
Wednesday, Sep. 7th, 4-8pm
5207 Brodie Lane
Sunset Valley, TX
(1) Spirit Nights build community among Patton families! When you attend a Spirit Night you are bound to run into classmates, meet friends in other classes and get to know families across many grade levels. Spirit Nights create an opportunity for parents to meet other parents and for kids to have fun with their friends outside of school.
(2) Spirit Nights raise money for the PTA! A portion of the evening’s proceeds go directly to the PTA and help run many of our programs. Last year alone Spirit Nights raised $2,400 for the PTA!
Why did the carrot make a hair appointment? Its roots were showing.
Did you hear about the hardworking lettuce bunch? It was promoted to head of its department!
Did you hear the one about the fruit salad? A-pear-antly not
Okay okay... enough with the puns! September is National Fruit & Veggie Awareness Month (who knew!?!)
Our Healthy Lifestyles chair will be in the cafeteria each Friday starting today handing out stickers to students with healthy fruits and veggies in their lunch. We would love to encourage all students to eat healthy meals to help them grow up strong.
Help the Patton Garden Grow!
Mark your calendars and get your gloves ready - we have our first gardening event of the year coming up on Saturday, September 24th, 9-11:30 am.
We will be planting in the front of the school, preparing our keyhole gardens, and building root-view gardens.
All ages welcome! And, yes, there will be donuts involved.
Support Patton's Green Initiative Projects
Coach Kunz is calling for donations and expertise for Patton's Green Initiative projects. Can you donate any of these items?
- Wood pallets - any size
- Cement and mixing supplies
- Knowledge and help re-cementing our keyhole gardens so they are more stable.
If so, please contact Coach Kunz @ email@example.com
PTA Donations Hard at Work
Patton teachers pour so much of themselves into our students every day and we couldn't be more grateful. We also know that teachers too often spend their own money to buy supplies and other needs for their classrooms
PTA was able to bring back annual supply reimbursements to assist teachers with setting up their classrooms. This year all professional staff with a teaching certification are eligible to receive a $75 reimbursement (including staff such as librarian, counselor, etc. as well as grade level teachers).
Patton PTA is always appreciative to the community for everything you do!
Want to help more? Be on the lookout next week for additional ways to support teachers with much-needed supplies.
Diwali Celebration in October
We'd love your help with:
- Ideas for planning or help organizing in advance
- Volunteer to support the day of the celebration
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
Volunteer Background Checks
MORE Volunteers Opportunities
LIBRARY: Come help students in the library find books, help to check out books and re-shelve books.
VISION AND SCREENING: Vision and Hearing screenings will be held September 6-27. We're looking for 2 volunteers per shift to help manage the flow of students in order for the screenings to run smoothly.
Visit our Sign Up Genius page here to learn more and sign up for these three opportunities:
WORKROOM: If you like helping out in a more behind-the-scenes capacity our Work Room Committee could be the perfect fit for you! We are looking for 2-3 people to pick a regular day to volunteer in the work room for a few hours, based on your schedule and availability. If interested please email Kelli Brinkkoeter at Pattonworkroom@gmail.com
You must have an approved background check before you begin volunteering.