GCJHS - September 17, 2021
2. Our GCJHS Family Literacy Night will take place on October 28th (see flyer below for more details). We are accepting donations for Door Prizes and also in need of a sponsor for our snack that night (students will be making s’mores). Please contact Mr. Davis if you are interested in learning more about this perfect opportunity to promote your company/business while helping us create a special event for our kids!
3. Attached in the download section below is a list of classroom wishes from the GCCSC teachers for the 2021-2022 school year. Are you interested in granting a teacher's wish for this school year? If so, email email@example.com for more information.
4. ‘Meet the Teacher’ Presentations: Are you interested in learning more about each of your child’s daily classes? Click here to access presentations from each teacher. Do you want to learn more about the teaching staff at GCJHS? Go to the download section below and check out the ‘Meet the Teacher’ pdf. Teachers are listed in alphabetical order.
5. PICTURE DAY was today. You can still place orders after you receive the picture proofs. There is a Retake Day scheduled for October 26th for those who might have been absent on the original picture day too.
6. Have you paid for your child’s 2021-22 textbooks and registration? More information can be found in the flyer below.
7. PowerSchool App- Get up-to-date grades for your child, missing or incomplete assignments, attendance and school announcements. Search for “PowerSchool Mobile” in your App Store. Once you download the app, you can search by school or type in school code 3125.
8. Be a Friend, Make a Friend - Join Best Buddies. We are a club that focuses on building friendships between people with and without disabilities. Join us for Fun, Friendship, and Parties!
Come to our first meeting to learn more - Wednesday, September 29th at 7:45 am in Mrs. Findley’s room E120.
9. Rise Above It, the annual Hancock County emotional health and wellness event, will be held in person, unless the need to go virtual presents itself, on September 28, 4:30-8:30pm, at New Palestine Intermediate School. There are two main parts of the event….breakout sessions covering these topics: Depression/Suicide, Anxiety, Self-Regulation, Substance Misuse, Smoking/Vaping, Grief and Loss, Social Media...and vendor fair sharing community based resources. Break-out sessions will be presented for both a live and virtual audience. This event is for anyone ages 12 and older.
10. Below is the schedule of break out sessions to be held. Individuals may attend one or more sessions. These sessions will also be held virtually if you are interested in the topic(s) but unable to get away from your house. To register, www.behealthy365.org/riseaboveit
5:30-6:00 and 6:40-7:10
- Anxiety --- Room 103
- Self-Regulation --- Room 104
- Substance Misuse --- Room 105
- Grief & Loss --- Room 106
6:05-6:35 and 7:15-7:45
- Depression/Suicide --- Room 109
- Vaping/Smoking ---- Room 107
- Social Media ---- Room 108
- Mind-Body --- Room 110
7:55 – 8:25
- Q&A with panel of presenters – Theatre Room 125
Greenfield-Central will have a display table with flyers from the different programs offered at the schools. Included on the table will be a raffle for Greenfield-Central families, with the winning prize being a Family All Sports Pass from GCHS Athletics. Be sure to check us out!
10. On 8/31/21 G-C updated our exclusion protocols for students who have been in close contact with those who are COVID positive. You will find the letter below in our flyer section or you can view it on our GCCSC website.
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES = OCTOBER 25th or 27th (added on 9/21/21)
Conferences are 3:45-7:30 pm on October 25 and 27.
These can be in-person or virtual conferences (parents' choice).
All teachers are listed on this site. Parents can click on the "View" button to see the schedule for an individual teacher. They will then see all of the available time slots for October 25 and for October 27. To sign up, they should click the green "Sign Up" button next to the time slot they want. They will enter their email address, their name, and their student's name.
Teachers will reach out to the parents who sign up to discuss whether they want an in-person or virtual conference.
GCHS HOMECOMING PARADE & FOOTBALL GAME = TONIGHT!
We have exciting news! Shelbyville had to cancel the Homecoming football game tonight, but we were able to secure an opponent: Fort Loramie from Ohio! We are so happy we get to have a full week of Homecoming festivities for our kids and our community.
The game will kickoff at 7 p.m. with the parade starting at 5 p.m. on our normal route.
The ticket link is here: https://t.co/hEkM3eohf9?amp=1
We hope to see everyone Friday night!!! Go Cougars!!
NEW . . . Mask Mandate for GCCSC begins on Sept. 27 (added on 9/21/21)
MEET YOUR TEACHERS - Presentations & Class Info
Family Literacy Night @ GCJHS
Flyers & More!
NEW protocols for 'close contact' students returning to school in GCCSC
COVID Exclusion Early Return Option
Questions and Answers specifically for GCJHS.
Sponsor - Mrs. Holden
ALL Season Sports Pass = GCJHS
Allows the person named on the pass entry to all GCJHS athletic events (except swimming)
September 18th, 2021
FREE Emotional Health & Wellness Event
Register at http://www.behealthy365.org/riseaboveit/
This Week in Sports
GC High School
Calendar for GCJHS
Stay connected with what's coming up at GCJHS. Click here to see our calendar.
Meets every other Thursday.
Next meeting is on 9/30/21.
First Meeting is on Wednesday, Sept. 29th
Officer Jeremy Galloway
November 12th; 8:30 - 11:00 a.m.
Services for Students through the Bowen Center
Learn more about our 'Student Assistance Program'
Student Days continue for Hancock Co.
For more information, please visit the NASA website https://nasa-hancock.com/ or call 317-477-0200.
Poetry Contest Honoring our Heroes!
October 1st Deadline. Learn more in the Download section found below.
Student Days continue for Hancock Co.
Download Section = pdf.'s
This calendar shows ALL of the current sports events scheduled for our school.