Maramac caverns, muny, Gus pretzels, Old court house
- The caverns existed passed 400 million years
- First visited in 1722 by a french minor
- In 1933 the caverns was introduced to public as tourist attraction.
- During the 18th century the cave was used for extracting gun powder and saltpeter
- Everything at the caverns is the same as it was found
This is how the cave looked. To this day it looks the exact same.
This man is Lester Dill and he worked majority of his life in the caves.
This was Lester's Advertisement barn
what its like
- Located in Forest Park
- Outside Musical
- Seats 11 thousand people
- Starts in mid June to August
- 1919 was when Muny was born
The Muny is in a well treated place. It gets a lot of visitors when shows are going on.
This is the layout of how the seats are set up.1,500 seats are free
This is how the plays look like. Its like watching t.v but the people are right in front of you
Looking from above
. It is a third generation company
.And it was named after ramspergers son-in-law
.Gus' pretzels started in the late 1850s.
.It actually opened in 1920
pretzels n' cheese<3
Old Court house
. The federal style courthouse then was completed in 1828.
.It then remained 150 years
. The Old court house was a site of the first two trials, Dred Scott, in 1848- 1850.
. There also happened to be an underground network to freedom.
Old court couple
This picture represents all the different meanings the court house has to people all over the world. To this couple it is the place they said their vows.
The spiral staircase
Inside the old court house there are many wonderful and beautiful things. One that caught my eye is the one in the photo of a long and winding staircase at the center of the building.
The Alice in Wonderland room
This is the actual court room and it reminds us of the room Alice was trapped in in the movie.