Old Town High School Library
Fall 2012 Newsletter
Welcome Back to School!
Do you need books or online resources for a class project or new unit? I’m here to help you find just the right resources for you and your classroom. Just send me an email or stop by the library to let me know what you need.
I love having your classes come to the library for their research and projects! Make sure to call or email me to schedule your classroom visits to the library.
Library Schedule & Student Passes
Please remember to give students a pass to the library.
- Students with multiple study halls may only come to the library for one study hall per day.
- Study halls periods 1, 2 and 5 should be limited to 20 passes.
- Study halls period 3 should be limited to 5 passes from each study hall.
- Study halls period 4 should be limited to 10 passes from each study hall.
- Tutorial students should only be given a pass if they need to use library resources and on a limited basis.
- If a student has a tutorial AND a study hall on the same day they should come to the library during study hall and not be given a pass from tutorial.
E-books in the library
E-books can be read on computers or downloaded to many popular e-readers. We have popular fiction titles like The Hunger Games and many of the non-fiction books include simultaneous access and were purchased to provide resources for your classroom projects. Check out our new e-book titles on Follett Shelf.
Audiobooks in the library
Links to download the Apps can be found on the Catalist site at https://www.catalistdigital.com/students/mobile.html
View titles available in our catalog.
If you have recommendations for audiobooks you would like to see added, please let me know.