The Bearcat Bulletin
September 2019 Newsletter
“Everton Elementary School, with the support of a community that values education, effectively utilizes all resources to insure a safe, harmonious atmosphere where all students learn essential skills, are challenged to reach their potential, and are motivated to become creative, lifelong learners and healthy, responsible citizens.”
Love This School!
Some students have asked me to listen to them read to me. The smile they have on their faces when they read was priceless! Continue to encourage your children of the importance of learning. Sit down with them and talk about their day at school, the book they are reading, the experiment they had in science, or the problems they learned to solve in math. When students see that their parents value what they are learning about at school, they will value school too.
Important Dates for September
- September 2 Labor Day - No School
- September 3 - PTO Meeting at 3:15
- September 6 - Midterm reports for grades 3-6
- September 26 - Literacy Night 6:00
- October 1 PTO Meeting 3:15
- October 3 School Picture Day
- October 5 Cross Country Race at Roberts Park 5:00
- October 9 End of the 1st Quarter
- October 14 Teacher Inservice/Parent Conference Day - No School for Students
- October 14-18 Red Ribbon Week
- October 21-25 Fall Break
Reminders from the Office
- Please update the school office any time your phone number changes.
- Please contact the school office prior to 2:00 for any transportation changes
Everton Text Alerts
Parents are encouraged to sign up for text message alerts, such as school delays and cancellations, from Mr. Jennings. Parents who sign up will also receive a digital copy of the monthly edition of The Bearcat Bulletin. Follow these easy steps:
Text the message @evrtnalert to the number 81010