News from Room 15
February 16-26, 2016
Our Valentine's party was a lot of fun last week! We will be returning to our unit on bodies. We will be focusing on emotions this week and five senses next week. These topics are always a lot of fun. Some of my favorite activities are using puppets to express feelings, painting with colors to express emotions, guessing smells and sounds, exploring senses with popcorn, and experiencing the four tastes.
- Thank you to everyone who sent in valentines and helped with our parties - the day was really special.
- Please follow this link to sign up for parent teacher conferences. www.tinyurl.com/hdpyg58
- Pajamas days are next week. Join us in wearing pajamas to school. We will also be collecting donations for the American Diabetes Association.
Have a great week!
~ Ms. Jackie, Mrs. Joyce, and Mrs. Ingle
some silly face pictures from our party
Theme and Stories We Will Share
The Way I Feel by Janan Cain
My Many Colored Days by Dr. Seuss
Me and My Five Senses by Joan Sweeney
My Five Senses by Aliki
A Perfect Day: All About the Five Senses by Kristen Hall
We will know the name and sound for the letters Aa and Vv. (literacy)
We will be able to write the letters Aa and Vv. (literacy)
We will be able to segment the sounds in a word. (literacy)
We will be able to follow spoken directions. (literacy)
We will be able to find letters in print. (literacy)
We will be able to spell our names. (literacy)
We will be able to sing the alphabet. (literacy)
We will know the beginning sound of words. (literacy)
We will be able to count to five. (math)
We will know the numbers 1-5. (math)
We will understand how to be safe, kind, and responsible during indoor recess. (PBS)
We will know ways to calm ourselves and practice self-control. (PBS)
We will know vocabulary for feelings and five senses.
We will understand different feelings.
We will explore with our senses.
Activities for Home
- Practice writing letters on dry erase boards or chalkboards. Roll letters out of playdough.
- Ask your child to describe how things smell, taste, sound, feel, or look. Put out times that you are using more than one sense.
- Talk about feelings and what might make you feel that way. Ex - "What makes you feel mad?" or "How do you feel when you play with mommy and daddy?"
- Continue counting items around the house.
- Friday, February 19th - Duckling Dance sponsored by the Hackmann Action Team
- February 23rd & 24th - Self-Control guidance lesson with Mrs. Beth
- February 23rd & 24th - Pajamas for Diabetes Days (more info to come)
- Friday, March 4th - NO PM Classes - Records Day
- March 7th-11th - Duckling Days - wear duckling shirts or blue and yellow.
- March 14th & 16th - Parent Teacher Conferences 4:30-8:00. www.tinyurl.com/hdpyg58
- March 21st-28th - Spring Break - NO School
February 19-21: Ethan B.
February 26-28: Emaline B.
March 4-6: Tristan H.
March 11-13: Jackson B.