The Patriot Parent Connection
2020-2021 School Year: Volume 3 - Week of August 31
LSC Parent Representative Election
Forsyth County Schools has a strong tradition of local school governance involving staff, parent, and community partners. LSCs are advisory bodies that provide recommendations to the school principal and FC Board of Education on any matter related to student achievement and school improvement.
On Monday, August 17, a campus messenger was sent to all Liberty families, advertising an open parent position on our Local School Council and asking parents interested in serving to let us know.
We are very fortunate to have five excellent candidates for our Parent Representative opening. Please click on the link below to read their bios and cast your vote.
COVID-19 Quarantine Communication Plan
Early Release on Friday
Virtual Curriculum Night - Coming Soon
Have you ordered a yearbook?
- Attendance will be taken daily as usual.
- If your child is absent, please send in their excuse note or doctor's note within 5 business days.
- Feel free to contact teachers or Danielle Worley (email@example.com) to notify them of an absence, especially if you anticipate your child being out more than one day.
Students Attending Forsyth Virtual Academy online
- Attendance will be taken weekly, based on work completion.
- As long as your student is logging into ItsLearning regularly and completing work in a timely manner, they will be marked present.
- If you receive a notification over the weekend that your student has been marked absent for one or more days, it means they did not submit all of the assignments for the week.
- If your student is too ill to log into itsLearning to complete work, please notify their teacher and Danielle Worley (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make them aware of the absence.
Our next football game is Monday against Lakeside Middle at West Forsyth High School (6:30 kickoff). We are excited for our athletes to have an opportunity to play, and we want these opportunities to continue! Thus, please help us by:
- Social distancing in the stands (sit by households six feet apart from other households)
- When not social distancing, wear a mask
- Supervise children in your care and monitor their application of safety precautions
- Bring hand sanitizer and use throughout the game
- Try to bring exact change for gate tickets to cut-down on the exchange of bills ($4/student; $6/adults; $3/seniors 65+, FCS retirees, & veterans)
For the first time ever, Liberty will host a home Cross Country meet for our Patriot runners on Wednesday, September 2nd! For detailed information, including meet expectations, click HERE.
Thank You to all that have joined!!
A heartfelt thank you to all our parents and staff members who joined PTSO before school even started! We are stronger together and appreciate all our PTSO does to support Liberty students!
It's NOT too late to join!! Just go to My Payments Plus!
Note from the Patriot Clinic
With each new school year, it is necessary to update all medical files in the school clinic. If your child has a medical condition (i.e. allergy, asthma, seizure, diabetes, or other specialized care) that needs to be treated at school and you have not done so already, please notify Nurse Sommer. Any Health Care Plans from the previous school year must be updated and signed by your child’s physician. Remember that in order to carry emergency medication you must also have the “Authorization for Student to Carry” form completed by the physician as well. If your child previously had a health condition on file that has been resolved, please let the school nurse know.
You can locate these forms on our website: HERE.
Thank you and I look forward to helping make LMS a safe and healthy environment this school year.
770-781-4889 ext. 290120
Click here for a great resource for our families learning virtually this semester!
General Health Precautions
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the building, but we encourage students to bring their own, as well.
- Our custodians will be sanitizing classrooms every afternoon. If you want to send cleaning wipes with your student to wipe down surfaces before use, please just make sure they are not bleach-based products.
- It is the expectation of staff and students to wear masks, if they are able. We want to be able to maintain face-to-face instruction all year. In order to do so, we MUST work to keep each other safe; mask-wearing is a significant part of this.