Bayyari Elementary School Newsletter, Springdale, AR
2020-2021, Issue 22, February 6, 2021
It's hard to believe it's time to plan for the 2021-2022 school year. Your child will be bringing home registration information on Monday to save their spot for next year. Please update your information and send it back as soon as possible.
Kindergarten registration will begin on March 1st. Call the school or watch our social media accounts for more information. It is so important to enroll for kindergarten at that time so please help us spread the word. Children must be 5 years old by August 1st to enroll in Kindergarten.
If you need anything please contact us at 479-750-8760 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Counselor's Corner - Mrs. McGinnis
What Can Praise Do for Your Child?
I recently read an article titled “The effects of Praise” found at www.parentingscience.com. This article was great at explaining the power of praise for children. We all feel good when we are praised, but how exactly do we use it with our children? Praise usually creates a positive effect; however it can also have negative effects. When we praise too much or not in the right way, it can cause children to become unmotivated. I have listed the 7 tips that the article gives below:
1. Children need encouragement and support all the time. We do not need to wait until your child does something that is praiseworthy.
2. Do not give insincere praise. They may think you are being sarcastic towards them.
3. Do not overly praise. It lessens the effects of the praise you are giving them.
4. Do not praise your children for things that come very easily to them. Let them work toward accomplishments.
5. Only praise your children for things they can control, not abilities that come natural to them.
6. Do not over praise for things that your children enjoy, if you do, it could take the interest away.
7. Do not praise your child when it compares your child to another child.
If you want additional information about this topic, please visit the website and read the full article. It offers additional information.
Health and Wellness
Please remember to fill out the COVID form at go.sdale.org/covid if your child has been exposed to someone who tests positive for COVID or if they are positive for COVID. Also, please let Nurse Alicia or the office know.
ELPA21 Testing Information
If your child is an English Language Learner and on a blended schedule they will be required to be face to face everyday for ELPA21 testing. Please mark your calendars and plan accordingly for these dates.
February 8th & 9th - ELPA21 Testing 1-2
February 10th & 11th - ELPA21 Testing Kindergarten
- March 1st and 2nd Virtual Student Led Conferences
- March 22nd -26th Spring Break