By: Annissa Lemon
- Getting Information.
- Making Decisions.
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others.
- Communicating with Persons Outside the Organization.
General managers are among the top executives of a company, and they perform a wide variety of duties to ensure their business runs smoothly and efficiently. They manage the day to day operations of the company, establish policies and procedures, and plan for the possession of assignments. They supervise activities related to providing services or to marketing products, and coordinate departments that deal with the pricing, production, distribution and sales.
Education and Training.
Education that can help you understand general management, or at least the business field is entrepreneurship. Other courses that can be effective are Managerial Accounting, Principles of Management,
Preferred Job Skills.
- Reading comprehension
- Active listening
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - monitoring/assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organization to make improvement or take corrective action.
Wage and salary jobs in business and management and administrative services are expected to grow as fast as average.
The national average wage is $113,100.
There aren't any classes in my high school that help me with business management, but there are classes that will help me understand the business work area.
- Business Education
- Business Accounting
Future Business Leaders Of America
Since my dad is in the management field I am able to shadow him and see what his everyday work day consists of.
- Lauren Dembkowski - Sophomore Assistant Basketball Coach.
- Natalia Karcz - Volleyball Coach
- Micheal Tazic - Global Studies Teacher
Post Secondary Plan
- enrolling in a university or college can and enlisting in classes for business and management.
- pursuing a degree in business management, financing, sales, and business can help me in becoming a successful manager.
If you are interested in becoming a general or business manager going to college can help you in becoming a successful manager. Colleges and universities such as...
- DeVry University
- University of Phoenix School of Business