Black Bear Bits
August 19, 2022
8/31: Welcome Back Family Barbeque ~ 4:00-6:00 p.m.
9/5: Labor Day ~ No School
9/6: First day of school for 1st-5th Grades
9/13: First day of school for PreK and Kindergarten
Welcome Back Family Barbeque
On Wednesday, August 31st, from 4:00-6:00 p.m. we will be hosting a free family barbecue with our partners at Horizon Community Care! The barbecue will be held on the patio at the back of the school. Watch for more details in the upcoming week. This is a great time to meet other families prior to the start of school!
Important Information and dates
- Teacher assignments for students in grades 1-5 will be emailed to parents/guardians by Monday, August 29th. If you do not see it in your inbox, please check your SPAM folder. If you need assistance, please contact the office. (503-431-4800 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Teacher assignments for students in Kindergarten will be emailed to families by the end of August.
- Preschool welcome letters will be emailed by the end of August.
- Bus Routes typically are finalized prior to Labor Day weekend. As soon as we receive them, we will upload to our website and will have them in the Black Bear Bits on Friday, September 2nd.
Nutrition Services Update
The universal free meals waiver with USDA has expired. Beginning the 2022-2023 school year meals will be charged to the student accounts.
Please set up your student's meal account or apply for free meals through the Titan Program Website. TTSD is no longer using the My School Bucks Program. All funds that were in your student's account with Myschoolbucks have been carried over and will be accessed through Titan.
See the Expanded Income Guidelines here for more income guidelines. Oregon has expanded the income guidelines so more families will qualify. Even if you have not qualified before, you may now. (Example: A family of four with a combined household income of less than $83,250 would qualify for free meals.)
- A new meal application is needed to apply each school year.
- 1 application per household.
- Families can apply anytime during the school year if their economic status has changed.
For the most up-to-date information, please refer to the TTSD Nutrition Page
School Supplies and Backpacks
In order to lessen the impact on families, Tualatin Elementary will be providing the basic school supplies needed for students this year. Please send your student with a backpack and reusable water bottle (labeled with their name).
If you need assistance in providing a backpack and reusable water bottle for your student, please fill out this form or contact Ana Uriostegui, our Family Partnership Advocate, at 503-431-4767 or email@example.com
Teachers are accepting donations of kleenex, individually wrapped snacks, and baby wipes. Contact the office to donate other supplies.