Craddock's Weekly Update
For the Week of November 7, 2022
Mrs. Menta's Message
We had quite an exciting week at Craddock and it all kicked off Monday with our Fall Festival! The staff and students had a blast from start to finish. Check out some pictures from this special event below. Many thanks to our PTO for providing the snack and getting parent volunteers to help at the party. We are so grateful for all the moms and dads who gave some of their time to be with us. Also, many thanks to those who came to spectate the parade! The kids loved showing off their costumes and getting to see some familiar faces! Mother Nature gave us the greatest gift with beautiful weather as well!
In addition to the celebration of fall at our festival, the students filled up our school-wide pom pom bucket for the second time and voted to have some extra time on the Chromebook Tuesday. Teachers built this time into the day and all of the kids enjoyed it. We are so very proud of all their hard work! Believe it or not, we are not far from filling it a third time!!!! Wow!
This upcoming week brings our fall parent/teacher conferences. We are very excited to sit down with all of our families and share all of the growth and successes thus far. So much happens during the school day and this is a wonderful opportunity to share some of that with each of you. If you haven't scheduled a conference yet, please reach out to your child's teacher. We are aiming to meet with 100% of our families and we need your help to make that happen!
Finally, we will be ending this coming week by honoring and celebrating our Veterans. We are holding a school-wide assembly and inviting any Veteran connected to a Craddock student or staff member to attend. The event begins at 9:30 and will be concluded in under an hour. If you have a Veteran who is willing and able to attend, please click the link for the invite below and fill out the Google form. I will be sending more details out regarding the event to all attendees early this coming week! We cannot wait for this special day to honor and celebrate these special people!
Have a wonderful weekend and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, concerns or feedback.
Kim Menta, Principal
330-562-3175 - office
216-849-2552 - cell (call or text)
Craddock's Nurse, Mrs. Courtad
Mrs. Courtad plays a HUGE part in ensuring all of our students and staff are safe and well taken care of while at Craddock each day. If you ever have any questions or comments for her, please don't hesitate to call her directly at 330-954-2147 or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks to some very talented 8th grade Harmon students who made our staff their phonics blending boards! They are Greenmen green and perfect to help our students learn to blend sounds together as they decode.
Craddock's Reporting System - Gather
Please click the button below to read the letter, which will provide you much more information on the program, as well as how to access it and when. Feel free to reach out to your child's teacher or our main office with any questions!
Car Rider Protocol - IMPORTANT!
Students can be dropped off at 8:40 a.m. at the earliest! Please do not allow them to exit your car until that time, as there is no staff to monitor them. Pick up will begin promptly at 3:10 each day. If everyone knows the system and cooperates, we will have all students in cars in 15-20 minutes.
Here are some things I need all car rider families to do, which will help immensely.
- Please do not use Willard to line up for drop off or pick up. We are working with the police to get it blocked off, but in the meantime, please avoid it. Enter Hurd Road off of New Hudson and begin lining up there. Please see the map below for guidance.
- Parents are not permitted to get out of their car when dropping off or picking up their child(ren). It is one of the main reasons the flow of traffic slows down. If you need to do that, you must pull into a marked parking spot. Again, we ask you don't do it at all. We have plenty of staff available to help your child in or out safely.
- All students must exit their car on the passenger side of the vehicle. We understand this can be tricky with child locks and car seats, but it is in the best interest of all our car riders to have it be this way. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- We are not permitting people to turn left into the school from Hurd Road. You will be asked to continue down Hurd, turn around and join the end of the line.
- We ask that you please respect the guidelines we have set up and follow them consistently. Everyone involved in the car rider process, staff and parents, thank you!
If at any time, you wish to change your child's mode of transportation for one or more days, you must fill out the Google form attached. We are no longer able to accept notes, phone calls and/or emails to do this, outside of emergencies. Thank you!
Important PTO Information
If you'd like to join PTO, please click the link and fill out the form.