Sabino High School | December 2022
SABINO HIGH SCHOOL'S MISSION STATEMENT:
⭐DATES TO REMEMBER⭐
Saturday, December 10th @7:00-11:00 PM - Winter Formal
Thursday, December 20th - Winter Commencement 6:00 PM @ Catalina High School
Friday, December 23rd - Grading Day (NO SCHOOL)
Monday, December 26th-Friday, January 6th - Winter Break (NO SCHOOL)
Monday, January 16th - Martin Luther King Jr. Day (NO SCHOOL)
NEW LUNCH MENU!
Beginning December 12th, TUSD Food Services is rolling out a new lunch program with a variety of tasty meals for your students to choose from!
- Parents: Please be advised that students are not permitted to order food from any delivery services during the school day. If any food delivery arrives, it will be turned away at the gate. Parents, however, are able to bring food to only their student(s), and must deliver the food to the attendance office. Students are not to go into the parking lot to collect the food. We appreciate your understanding in keeping our campus safe and free of unauthorized visitors.
- Parents of Seniors: If your student did not receive an order form from National Graduation Products when they were on campus to order Cap/Gown and Announcements, please see the Attendance Office to obtain an order form.
- Parents: When viewing your students' grades, be sure to focus your attention on SEMESTER grades, not quarter grades. The semester grade will be the grade on your students transcript.
- Please be advised that Sabino's Graduation has been changed to Wednesday, May 24th 2023 at 7:00 PM. The TUSD calendar as well as the Sabino Planner do not reflect this date change, so please refer to Sabino's website calendar for this date.
At the end of November, our Sabercat Softball Team celebrated their State Championship win from the 2022 season with a ring ceremony!! After 3 consecutive State Championships, they really know how to represent Sabino!
WINTER SPORTS ARE UNDER WAY!
Congratulations to Sabino's Advanced Drama for bringing home the Gold Honor Troupe Recognition at the Arizona Thespian Conference at the end of November!
FAMILY ENGAGEMENT AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
TOYS FOR TOTS
Our annual Toys For Tots drive is under way! Each year we collect hundreds of toys for children in need and have no doubt that this year will be any different -- unless the difference is we collect thousands! We have until December 14th, 2022 to collect as many as we can!
Please know that Sabino and TUSD want to support ALL families with whatever their needs might be!
We have several Family Resource Centers that can help, even during the Summer months, with food boxes, clothing items, school supplies, as well as personal hygiene items.
Please do not hesitate to contact your Family Engagement Representatives: Corri Cook at 520-584-7708 or Bruce Williams at 520-584-7751.
Catalina 3645 E Pima St. 520-232-8684
Palo Verde 1302 S Avenida Vega 520-584-7455
Southwest 6855 S Mark 520-908-3980
Menlo 1100 W Fresno 520-225-2172
Duffy 655 N Magnolia 520-232-7055
Its a perfect time to join the Sabino PTSA for this school year! The PTSA is an important part of the Sabino Family. Every year, we fund grants for the teachers, raise money for the library, organize campus beautification days, and put together graduation activities at the end of the year. Even more importantly, our core mission is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children!
Need a tax write-off? Give to Sabino's PTSA! We currently have many requests for non-event fundraisers from teachers and counselors. These will benefit your students learning environment by providing things like graphing calculators, games for the library, gift cards for completing their FAFSA, and much more! We accept payments by check or by clicking the link below:
Our monthly meetings will keep you in the loop as students, teachers, and administrators provide updates. These meetings are a great opportunity to get to know other parents as well as ask questions of Sabino's Administration. We extend an open invitation for you to attend. Your level of involvement is entirely up to you! There are many ways you can support us, and joining is just one of them. If you are able to help out from time to time, please indicate it when paying for your membership and we'll send out the occasional email asking for assistance.
Click Here for Membership Forms
Mark your calendars! Meetings start at 7:20 AM down the stairs in the Administration Building. Everyone can join -we would love to see you there.
PTSA Meetings for 2022-2023:
1st Semester: Aug. 12, Sept. 2, Oct.7, Nov. 4, Dec 2
2nd Semester: Jan. 13, Feb. 3, March 3, Apr 6, May 5
Want to volunteer in Attendance, Counseling Office, Library, or College and Career Office? Click the link below to fill out the volunteer application!
Dawn Graffam, President
Leticia Tinoco, Vice President
Leanna León, Treasurer
Susanna Schippers, Secretary
Tina Rustand, Hospitality Chair
Membership Chair- open
Fundraising Chair - open
Are you looking for a purple or gray sweatshirt, shirt, or zip up hoodie? You can also purchase your membership to have a voice, vote in meetings, and get to know what’s going on by receiving emails.
If you’d like to make a donation, scan the QR code or send a check made out to Sabino PTSA to:
5000 N Bowes Rd
Tucson AZ 85749
FRY'S COMMUNITY REWARDS
In just a few easy steps, part of each purchase you make at Fry’s will benefit Sabino PTSA!
1. Sign in or create an account at www.frysfoods.com
2. Select “Community Rewards” under your account menu
3. Seach for “Sabino” or “JT885”
4. Click “Enroll”
5. Use your VIP card or alternate ID (phone number) every time you shop at Fry’s.
AMAZON SMILE DONATION
Do you use Amazon? Sabino can get a percentage of every purchase you make. Go to www.smile.amazon.com and choose Sabino High PTSA as your charity!
ARIZONA TAX CREDIT DONATION
Arizona Tax Law (ARS 43-1089.01) allows taxpayers a TAX CREDIT of up to $400.00 for married filing jointly and $200.00 for single filers if they contribute to extra curricular activities in public schools. This tax credit is available only to individuals in Arizona and is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Use code CTDS#100202645 on Form 322 when filing taxes.
BUY YOUR YEARBOOK TODAY!
Yearbooks can be purchased for $80.
To access your students grades and attendance, please visit:
For the access key code please call 520-584-7703.