April 9, 2020
LOWELL HELPLINE: 542-4040
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
(messages will be answered the next business day)
LOWELL APRIL AT-A-GLANCE
- Current school closure has now been extended through April 24, we will share updates as they become available. Please visit the MCPS Coronavirus Information Webpage for more details.
LOWELL REMOTE LEARNING
Welcome learners!! Our goal is to stay connected digitally during this period of distance learning. We are excited to continue communication and collaboration with our classrooms, while providing opportunities for continued teaching and learning.
Each day, you will have the opportunity to engage and stay connected to your teacher and the students in your classroom!! Click on the button below to access Lowell's Remote Learning page.
MRS. FRANK'S TUESDAY UPDATE
This is my video update for this week.
Please let us know if you are having trouble connecting with your teachers so we can better support your family with remote learning.
This week you will see the theme- Circle of Control- in our lessons and messages. In school we use circle of control to remind us of the things we can control and the worries we can can take off of our plate. I know this message is finding many of our families with more worries than usual, and although this cannot take your worries away, sometimes the exercise of writing our worries in the circle can help us choose some actions that might help us cope a little better in these difficult times.
Please remember, the Lowell community is here to help. If you need technical assistance or you need help finding community resources, please call our Lowell Helpline at 542.4040 M-F from 8-4 and Ms. Gayla will help you get connected.
Stay well friends and try to take some time to do something that fills your heart with joy.
LOWELL COUNSELING CORNER
LOWELL LIBRARY CORNER
The March Reading Log deadline has been extended! All reading logs will be due Friday, April 24th. You will still be eligible for one youth ticket to Silverwood as well as prizes from the Missoula PaddleHeads. In the event that school closures are extended, please send a picture of your completed March Reading Log. My email is: email@example.com. Happy Reading!
The 3rd competition for Battle of the Books has been rescheduled for Friday, May 15th!
All video messages and read aloud videos by Mrs. Russell can be found using the Remote Learning Messages on the Lowell Library webpage. She has also been updating the library webpage. Check out all of the new online reading links available like Audible Kids, Abdo Digital Books and JLG Digital.
LOWELL FOOD RESOURCES
- Lowell Elementary Meal-site: Lunch, plus Breakfast for the next day, is available for pick-up from 10:00 a.m - 1:00 p.m., Monday-Friday - we prefer that adults pick-up for students, any child 18 or under is eligible. Access on the East side of the school at the cafeteria doors.
- School Bus-stop Food Delivery for Kids: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., Monday-Friday, CLICK HERE and enter your address to get your location and approximate time.
- Market at Lowell - Missoula Food Bank pick-up at Lowell School - Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., Bags of food for the whole family will be available. If there are extras they will be available as requested throughout the week.
- EmPower Packs (Weekend Food) - These will be available on the bus routes and at Lowell Meal-Site on Fridays. Please request one if you normally receive one at school. If there are extras they will be available as requested throughout the week at Lowell.
- Missoula Food Bank & Community Center - (406) 549-0543, missoulafoodbank.org
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday, 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m
Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Grab and Go meals are also available at EmPower Place, the center is closed for play.
If you are sick or cannot travel to the Missoula Food Bank, call (406) 219-1843 for delivery options.
MISSOULA COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- Missoula City/County Covid-19 joint information - http://covid19.missoula.co/
- Missoula County Covid-19 info line: Call 406-258-INFO from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Mon. - Friday
- Covid-19 Emergency Resources for Employers and Workers - montanaworks.gov
- Missoula COVID-19 Mutual Aid Community - covidmissoula.org
- Governor's Coronavirus Task Force - covid19.mt.gov
- Covid-19 and Mental Health - Missoula County Resources
- Volunteer Opportunities - volunteermissoula.org
- Partnership Health Center - (406) 258-4789
- If you use Straight Talk you can text COVID to this number for free data... text 611611
- Mutual Aid Organization's Non-Food Essentials Warehouse
150 S. Catlin St., around the corner from The Good Food Store, hours coincide with the Food Bank:
10 a.m. - 7 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
10 a.m. - 1 p.m. only on Wednesday
NOT open on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
The HELP-LINE phone number for free deliveries is:
Flagship LIVE at Lowell
Hello Lowell Families,
Flagship LIVE is entering our 3rd week of live afterschool programs! It’s been so much fun to interact with all the students that have joined me. I’d love to see all of your beautiful faces. Everyone is welcome to join us.
How to join us:
Click Here for my Google Classroom Link or find Flagship Live at Lowell on The Flagship Website. The code will be sent to student accounts on Thursday. Once you enter the code, scroll around to check out all the different program options and click on the zoom meeting link to join us!
Here is a what Flagship at Lowell is offering April 13th-17th:
The Athlete in Me
Make sure to gather the supplies needed for the program!
If you have any questions or program suggestions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
All my best,