LRMS: Week at a Glance
February 1 - 5, 2016
Sayings from Skinner
To my dear Radloff Family:
I want to open this week's message with a heartfelt apology . . . I am sorry if I have seemed "out of it" or unavailable lately . . . sometimes, life just happens and can interfere with our "best laid plans." I type this while sitting in my mother's hospital room as she has been here over a week, after a virus turned into pneumonia, a fall, and then, sepsis. She is slowly improving, but it is a journey, and there are still miles to go . . . but I am grateful for the chance to keep on this journey with her and with all of you! I want you to know how much I appreciate the kind wishes and prayers -- and most of all, I appreciate your continuing to do your very best day in and day out to maintain your excellent level of work, and your commitment to our students and our school. You all are an amazing group of educators -- and I am SO BLESSED to work alongside you in this mission field that we call a school! Sometimes, there are moments that "wake us up" and remind us of how precious life is . . and how much we need to be grateful for all that we have -- the opportunity for work with a real purpose, the opportunity to truly give back and make our world a better place, a work environment surrounded by dedicated, kind-hearted people. I am honored to work alongside you as we move into the season of hearts and love . . . please know how much I LOVE being a Radloff Raider -- and how much I LOVE our team and what we are building together!! I look forward to being back and roaming the halls very soon! Have a wonderful week!!!
News You Can Use!
Read Here and Be IN THE KNOW!
1) Congratulations, Kudos, and Good News;
- Congratulations to our Basketball teams, our Cheerleaders, our Step Team/SQUAD, and our Dance Team for a great season, filled with fun, growth, and learning --- all of the students AND the coaches have done an amazing job!!! Cannot wait to celebrate you all at the Athletic Banquet on February 16th.
- CONGRATS and THANKS to our amazing Counseling Team -- and two dynamic interns! You ladies have truly "upped your game" this year -- and your work has been outstanding. Our kids are needier than ever, and you all have been AMAZING!!! Please know that the Radloff Community continues to grow because of YOU!!!
- Congrats to Kathy Mason for an amazing presentation at this year's GMEA State-wide Conference -- the accolades keep coming in --- and Radloff is lucky to have three dynamic directors (Kathy Mason, Brian Rehm, and Shannon Green) within our performing arts department.
2) Black History Month:
February is Black History Month -- our Black History Month Committee has been working diligently to plan a GREAT celebration. Please join in and help ALL of our students be reminded of the wonderful heritage of Blacks, Africans, and African-Americans to our country's history, present, and future!!!! Thanks to Karen Anderson-Archer and her entire team of volunteers for all their great thinking, planning, and organization!!!
3) 8th grade Articulation is Underway:
8th grade teachers (and GUFG) -- please be mindful of the many articulation events that are going on with the high school this week --- watch for updates from Mr. Corbitt, Ms. Porter, and Dr. Jackson ---please help spread the word as we want all students to be in the know of what's going on --- we need to make sure all HS registration paperwork is done accurately, thoroughly, and on time to help the HS meet their deadlines.
4) Bookbags-- remember to enforce the rule for ALL students!
Teachers -- NO STUDENTS should be carrying their large book bags in the hallways -- the only exceptions are in the AM (from the buses) and when 6th grade transitions TO connections at the end of the day (as they are dismissed from connections) -- please help us with this expectation.
5) Staff Pictures -- VERY last Call -- PLEASE don't miss out on being in the Yearbook!!
Kelsi Carter (now Hamilton) sent out an email to those of you who have yet to be photographed!! Please make sure you get your picture taken this week!!!!
6) ACCESS Testing is underway
Please watch emails and help our ELLs get to their testing locations -- there are a LOT of folks who are involved in this process -- but we need ALL teachers to help us get the students to the right locations and on time for testing!! THANKS to the many who are proctoring and assisting with this process!!!!! It carries a heavy weight on our CCRPI, so we all need to be a part of a successful testing of our ELLs!
Events of the Week
It's National School Counseling Appreciation Week -- please let the counselors know how much we love and appreciate them!!!
Monday, February 1, 2016
8:15 a.m. -- ESOL Department Meeting
8:50 a.m. -- Counselors' Meeting
9:30 a.m. -- ELT
9:30 a.m. -- 8th grade Closed Circuit Advisement/HS Articulation Lesson --stay tuned
Staff Development Tech Training during Planning -- by invite only
Math SD -- for 6th and 8th grades during Planning
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
8:00 a.m. -- Faculty Senate
8:30 a.m. -- Black History Month Committee
9:30 a.m. -- ELT
9:45 a.m. -- 8th graders FT to visit MHS
10:15 a.m. -- MA/LA Collab Planning
2:30 a.m. -- MA/LA Collab Planning
5:00 p.m. -- Make-Up HOME Basketball Game (Final Game of Season!) -- at MHS
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
8:15 a.m. -- School-wide Morning Tutoring
9:30 a.m. -- Advisement/Raider Pride
12: 45 p.m. -- 8th grade Teacher Training for HS Registration
Thursday, February 4, 2016
8:15 a.m. -- PBIS Meeting
10:15 a.m. -- 7th grade SC/SS Collab. Planning
12: 45 p.m. -- 8th grade LA/MA/SC/SS Collab. Planning
2:50 p.m. -- 6th grade SC/SS Collab. Planning
6:00 p.m. -- 8th grade Parent Night
Friday, February 5, 2016
8:00 a.m. - GUFG Meeting
Upcoming Events -- Mark Your Calendars!!
- February 8 - 19--STEAM Academy Information Distribution (for Students)
- February 8 -- GUFG Students Visit MHS
- February 11 -- Math and Tech (by invite only) Staff Development Sessions
- February 12 -- 4 1/2 - week progress reports
- February 12 -- Grade Level Meeting
- February 15 -- Teacher Staff Development Day (Students Holiday/Snow Make-up Day #1) -- Faculty Meeting at 8:30 a.m.
- February 16 -- Athletic Banquet -- 6:00 p.m.
- February 24 - 25 -- Early Release Days