First Day of School Reminders
August 13, 2019
Welcome to the new school year!
We are excited to get our new school year under way! We cannot wait to see what this year has in store for our students! Below are a few reminders for tomorrow.
Attendance on the first day of school is crucial
First Day Drop-off
Please be patient as it usually takes a few days for everyone to settle into a carline routine. We are working hard to make it go as smoothly as possible.
Tips for the Car Rider Line
- Write your child’s name in bold black marker on the green car rider sign.
- Hang your sign from the rear view mirror with a clothes hanger.
- Pull up closely to the car in front of you.
- Don’t stop to look for your child. We will bring your child to you.
- Do not get out of the car.
- Put your child’s car seat on the passenger side. We will not walk around the car to place them on the driver’s side
- Teach your child to buckle up. If they need help with this, pull into a parking space.
- Don’t hold up the line.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE and are working hard to get your child home safely!
Beginning of the year dismissal
- Cochran’s and Capstone Riders: If you are meeting your child as a bike rider or walker, please plan to be there by 3:00 pm from August 14-23 .
- Bus Riders: Please be patient with our bus service during the first two weeks of the school year. The drivers are getting to know their students and ensuring that a parent is present to pick-up Kindergarten students. Buses may be running late to pick-up and drop-off.
Clinic Happenings from Nurse Melissa
All medications, including prescription medication, over the counter medication, cough drops and inhalers, must be signed into the clinic by a parent or guardian. Students are not allowed to transport medication to and from school.
Accidents and spills happen often. Please send an extra change of clothing with your child in their backpack. We have a limited supply on hand in the clinic.
Join the Powell PTO Today!
2019-2020 PTO Membership-$25:
Your generous donations help the PTO support the following:
*yearly grade level and teacher funding for classroom supplies, enrichment and subscriptions
*Field trip admissions and transportation
*Classroom technology upgrades
*Staff appreciation events
*Online math and language art enrichment programs
*Campus environmental beautification
*New playground equipment and maintenance
*Powell Panther yearbook publication
*3rd and 4th grade in-line skating
Please join today!
Feeder Shirts for TWHS and College Park Feeders
College Park Feeder: https://nhathletics.com/college-park-family/
The Woodlands Feeder: https://conroeisd.schoolcashonline.com/Fee/Details/11828/195/False/True